iOS Technical Lead, Digital Mobile Applications
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, Pleasanton, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for an iOS Technical Lead, Digital Mobile Applications. This position is in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons Companies is rapidly expanding in its digital offerings and is looking for an iOS Technical Lead to join the fast growing, consumer facing digital applications space. As Technical Lead you will be building native iOS mobile apps used by thousands of people every day.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive innovation and design solutions for consumer facing ecommerce iOS mobile apps
- Provide technical leadership in end-to-end design, development, and testing for a team of iOS engineers
- Provide high level effort estimates in the absence of detailed requirements
- Perform tech spikes, build new product features and paydown technical debt
- Develop clean, high quality, performant iOS app code and unit tests
- Use Agile processes and best practices
- Collaborate with Product Manager, Scrum Master, Android and QE Technical Leads to maintain parity between Android and iOS apps
- Communicate solution approaches to architects, project teams and other stakeholders
- Keep up to date on cutting edge technologies and effectively incorporate them to our platform roadmap, design and implementation
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or related functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 8+ years overall programming experience
- 5+ years of experience developing, releasing and maintaining high quality iOS applications
- Strong hands-on experience building consumer facing mobile apps for iOS
- Hands on experience with Swift and Objective-C
- Good knowledge of iOS SDK and Frameworks
- Sound understanding of architectural patterns like MVC, MVVM and VIPER
- Hands on experience with REST API services
- Deep knowledge of performance, scalability, security and maintainability of high-volume mobile applications
- Experience working with large, high-quality codebases
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead and mentor mobile engineers through design, code reviews and engineering best practices
- Ability to identify and describe non-functional requirements
- Ability to work independently
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000781633806&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???