The Vice President, Enforcement Technology & Enterprise Applications has direct responsibility for the strategy, development, support and sustainability of enterprise applications which support FINRA's corporate systems, investigative, and enforcement business lines. The VP also oversees development, support, and operations of all content services supporting FINRA's lines of business including the Market Regulation, Member Supervision, Enforcement, OFDMI and People Solutions business units ("the Business Units"). The position is strategically critical in delivering cost efficiency and savings by introducing, identifying, and promoting consistent end-to-end case, content and corporate applications to support multiple lines of businesses with diverse business processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Innovate and collaborate with business and technology leaders to outline objectives, initiatives, and enhancements that create business value, improve operational efficiency, and reduce delivery risk. Evaluate, prioritize, and recommend solutions transparently balancing budget, scope, schedule, and technology trade-offs.
- Assist in the creation and execution of business and technical process improvement initiatives by working across teams to enhance the systems, processes and controls to improve the effectiveness of business efforts and technology deliveries.
- Assess and quantify operational risks. Provide recommendations to mitigate risk to the Business Units.
- Manage relationships with major technology vendors and strategic partners, including negotiating and executing vendor contracts.
- Develop annual technology budget and manage technology expenses to meet or exceed budget targets, and direct and prioritize technology resources accordingly.
- Build and develop a robust technology organization for FINRA applications development.
- Develop the next generation of leadership talent required for applications development technology.
- Identify, evaluate and implement new technologies in support of emerging business requirements.
- Develop relationships with industry and academic centers of excellence to foster technology and talent transfer to FINRA.
- Establish a culture, processes and rigor reflective of commercial software development standards for Application Development technology.
- Develop FINRA into a recognized industry leader in case and content management along with corporate systems .
- Identify and lead the implementation of new technologies to increase business effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify and lead new business opportunities for FINRA to provide technology services to the financial services industry.
- Manage and lead new FINRA technology ventures.
- Oversee day-to-day technology operations of the Business Unit's application platforms.
- BS/BA degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, advanced degree preferred. A minimum of 15 years in information technology or related professional experience, preferably in the Financial Services industry, as well as managing in a multi-line business environment. Experience in vendor management a plus.
- Organization building, preferably in a start-up technology environment as well as in a larger scale corporate environment. A demonstrated track record in hiring, staffing and leading agile technology teams.
- A demonstrated track record in adapting technology innovation to business problems through the development of software products.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and work with other executives in support of achieving aggressive business goals and excellent executive-level presentation skills. Possesses a thorough understanding of complex social dynamics and know-how to build collaborative relationships both at the executive level and with external constituents.
- A fundamental knowledge of a broad range of technologies, including hardware, operating systems, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software, development methodologies and tools. Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to develop policies, presentations and other communication mechanisms targeted at a broad audience ranging from the Board of Directors to the rank and file of the company.
- Relationship Management experience working with multiple technology and business units at senior levels in addition to line solutions. Well versed, and with a proven track record, in modern technology management approaches including SCRUM and the ability to transform organizations through application of these management approaches. Proven ability to lead a large staff with experience in managing software organizations including leading new development and maintenance, management, configuration, support and/or testing activities, negotiation skills and familiarity with I/T contracts.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application, https://finra.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/FINRA/job/Rockville-MD-Job-Posting/Vice-President--Enforcement-Technology---Enterprise-Applications_R-003356