Organization: MTIT-Network and Telecommunications Unit
Primary Location: Austria-Vienna-IAEA Headquarters
Job Posting: 2021-02-04, 10:16:34 AM
Closing Date: 2021-03-09, 11:59:00 PM
Duration in Months: 36
Contract Type: Fixed Term - Regular
Probation Period: 1 Year
The Division of Information Technology provides support to the IAEA in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), including information systems for technical programmes and management. It is responsible for planning, developing and implementing an ICT strategy, for setting and enforcing common ICT standards throughout the Secretariat and for managing central ICT services. The IAEA"s ICT infrastructure comprises hardware and software platforms, and cloud and externally-hosted services. The Division has implemented an IT service management model based on ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and Prince2 (Projects in a Controlled Environment) best practices.The Infrastructure Services Section (ISS) is responsible for implementing, maintaining, and administering the ICT systems and services for high availability; designing, implementing, and operating IT security services; and managing the data centre. The platforms include Microsoft Windows servers, Linux servers, Oracle EBS infrastructure, data storage, and transmission networks, serving more than 2500 staff, as well as over 10000 external users around the world. The Section includes three Units: Network and Telecommunications, Enterprise Systems, and Security Systems.
Reporting to the Section Head, the Unit Head advises on planning, design and implementation, and controls the installation and maintenance of IT infrastructure, contributing towards ensuring that the capacity, reliability and availability of IT infrastructure services meet the requirements of the organization. He/she leads a team of IT professionals and is responsible for providing technical leadership and resource management for IT infrastructure systems and services.
The Unit Head is (a) a team leader provides guidance to the team member of the Unit; (b) a technical expert, provides technical advice for the planning, design, implementation and maintenance of IT infrastructure services; (c) a project manager/coordinator, soliciting inputs from other specialists in defining, planning and executing projects; and (d) an incident manager, handles and manage incidents and provide prompt resolutions.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Planning: supports the Section Head in planning and implementing annual work and resource plans. Together with the team, assess their applicability within the overall ICT strategy. Recognize and actively seek ways to exploit IT to address complex business, organizational and technical issues.
- Team Leadership: provides guidance and mentorship to the team members, motivate and encourage team members in order to achieve established work plan, resolve conflict situation and build an effective team environment promoting staff development.
- Service Management: take overall responsibility for ensuring the availability, performance and security of services within agreed service levels. Together with the colleagues, lead the development of procedures and standards for the Agency-wide infrastructure.
- Project Management: plan, monitor and control projects using the PRINCE2 methodology and/or Agile related methodologies.
- Problem Solving: investigate and resolve problems for services within his/her own area of responsibility, delegate to team members as appropriate, following ITIL processes, manage major incidents and bring them to a satisfactory closure.
Competencies and Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Achieving Results
- Client Orientation
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
- Technical/scientific credibility
- IT Hardware Installation and Maintenance
- Information Security and Risk Management
- Project Management
Qualifications, Experience and Language skills
- Master"s Degree in Computer Science, IT Management or in a related field. A first level university degree in IT and related field, with 3 additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Internationally recognized certification in IT/Information Security is desirable.
- Internationally recognized certification in IT Project Management such as PMP or Prince2 is desirable.
- Internationally recognized certification in IT Infrastructure Architecture is desirable.
- Minimum seven years of professional experience in a large and complex IT enterprise environment. These should include five years of hands-on configuration, administration and troubleshooting experience of IT infrastructure components.
- Experience in planning, designing, implementation and maintenance of IT network, server, virtualization, storage and security infrastructure and emerging next generation IT infrastructure technologies.
- Practical experience in implementing and managing cloud-based infrastructure and infrastructure as code solutions supported by agile work practices.
- Practical experience in data driven reporting, automation and proactive IT infrastructure management.
- Experience in IT service management and delivery based on ITIL service management standards, supporting innovation and managing change.
- Experience with the formulation and delivery of IT projects using Prince2 or similar methodologies, including the management of related financial and human resources.
- Excellent oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
The IAEA offers an attractive remuneration package including a tax-free annual net base salary starting at US $74913 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), a variable post adjustment which currently amounts to US $38805*, dependency benefits, rental subsidy, education grant, relocation and repatriation expenses; 6 weeks" annual vacation, home leave, pension plan and health insurance
Applications from qualified women and candidates from developing countries are encouraged
Applicants should be aware that IAEA staff members are international civil servants and may not accept instructions from any other authority. The IAEA is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. As part of the United Nations common system, the IAEA subscribes to the following core ethical standards (or values): Integrity,Professionalism and Respect for diversity. Staff members may be assigned to any location. The IAEA retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade or with a different contract type, or to make an appointment with a modified job description or for shorter duration than indicated above. Testing may be part of the recruitment process.
To apply, visit: https://iaea.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2021%2F0094+%28014300%29