Job ID: 2021-29947
Category: Engineering & Technology
Our Customer Experience team is looking for a UX Designer! Here at Principal, we have a customer-centric approach in all our initiatives. In this position, you'll be immersed in understanding our customers, developing keen insights into their needs and motivations, and using those insights to design appealing, intuitive experiences. You'll review your designs with peers and partners, encouraging constructive collaboration, while iterating concepts using customer feedback as your foundation.
This team is highly collaborative and responsible for setting enterprise standards, including our design system. In this position, you'll focus on interaction design, prototyping, and visual design.
Your day may be filled with user-centered design activities like:
- Engaging with customers and business partners to discover needs and priorities
- Planning and conducting user research
- Communicating research findings to product teams, business partners, and other interested parties
- Designing information architecture, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and visual designs with software tools like Adobe XD or Figma
- Facilitating usability testing with end users
- Collaborating with other UX designers, CX and technology professionals, as well as other subject-matter experts across the organization
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in graphic design, human computer interaction, management information systems, design-related field or equivalent experience
- Experience and/or knowledge with the following tools:
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD)
- Web and mobile prototyping tools (Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, Figma, etc.)
- User research tools (Validately, UserZoom, UserTesting.com, etc.)
- Web analytics (Google Analytics 360, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Behavioral analytics (HotJar, SessionCam, MouseFlow, etc.)
- A/B and multivariate testing tools (Google Optimize, Maxymiser, Visual Website Optimizer (VWO), etc.)
- Desire and ability to learn new user-centered design approaches and technology
- Some travel may be required
- Experience with UX research
- Certified User Analyst (CUA) or Certified User Experience Analyst (CXA) is a plus
Well consider talent at the next levels with the right experiences and skills.
How we hire
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, youll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, youll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why were an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers-principal.icims.com/jobs/29947/ux-designer/job?in_iframe=1