Technical Lead API
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Health & Wellness/Pharmacy Engineering Department has an opening for a Technical Lead. This position is located in Pleasanton, California or Plano, TX or Phoenix, AZ or Boise, ID.
Help to build Albertsons next generation health and wellness API platforms and deliver on a multi-year roadmap that delivers new and transformational wellness experiences that is integrated in our grocery business. Albertson's Companies is looking for people who are interested in re-imagining the pharmacy experience by harnessing the power of digital technologies. The Health & Wellness API Technical Lead will work closely with Product, Agency, Business, UX, Data teams build, enhance and improve the API platform.
This senior level individual contributor is primarily responsible for leading development of a high-performance API that will be the gateway for all health and wellness services offered by Albertsons.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a team of developers and vendor contractors to build, test, deploy the next generation API infrastructure for Pharmacy and Health
- Providing expertise and building solutions compliant with health information data standards
- Preparing and presenting potential technical solutions and advise the business on approach and tradeoffs.
- Working with scrum masters, product owners, UI developers, back-end developers QA engineers and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system to produce integrated end-to-end solution options.
- Communicating solution approaches to enterprise architects, project teams, leadership, and other stakeholders.
- Implementing solutions on cutting edge technologies like Cloud, APIs, Machine Learning, IoT, Mobile, Social and Big Data... etc.
- Works with Solution Architects and Engineers to identify and mitigate architectural risks and issues across programs and projects.
- Ensuring solution architecture and design aligns with Target Architecture.
- Ensuring that the solution meets the functional and non-functional requirements and architectural standards.
- Writing technical requirements, stories, task break-up at the right level.
- Contributing to application development principles and patterns and practices.
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- Strong experience in building microservices with asynchronous/non-blocking patterns
- Strong experience in building secure consumer facing APIs
- Strong experience in Microsoft Azure, GCP or AWS is required
- Strong experience with DevOps processes and CI/CD tools/processes is required
- Experience in application containerization with Dockers/Kubernetes is strongly preferred
- Experience in No-SQL and in-memory DB (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis...) is strongly preferred
- Experience in high-performance and high-frequency data streaming (using Kafka, Spark, Storm etc.) and handling large volume of batch data (using ETL technologies)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is required
- Experience in the e-commerce domain, with deep understanding of product search and browse, catalog and master data management, pertaining to Retail/Grocery industry is required
- Strong understanding of architecture/design patterns and best practices
- Understanding of Testing, Quality and Automation
- Strong ability to decompose a broad level business requirement into technical implementation
- Ability to mentor and guide development team members
- Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service-oriented attitude
- Experience in an agile environment
- Deep knowledge of scalability, security, and maintainability of high-volume Internet applications
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT
- Ability to define solutions from very high-level business ideas
- Ability to work independently
- Exposure in Healthcare or Pharmacy systems with significant understanding of pharmacy security compliance (e.g., HIPAA, GDPR, 21 CFR, GxP etc.) & integration standards (e.g., HL, GS1 etc.)
- Exposure in the following products or similar systems: PDX Enterprise Pharmacy System, Toshiba POS, adheres, supplylogix.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000730194906&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???