Technical Consultant - Networking
Citrix builds the secure digital workspace technology that frees 400,000 customers to do their very best work from anywhere. By joining our award-winning workplace, you'll be included in the globally diverse, collaborative team that values work-life balance. Come see why Fortune named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Let's innovate and grow together!
What we're looking for:
Citrix Systems is the cloud company that enables mobile workstyles - powerful, new ways to connect with people and information on-demand from anywhere. As the workplace and workforce continues to rapidly evolve, our aspiration is to create a seamless continuum between work and life, so people are free to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose.
Citrix Managed Services (CMS) supports, manages, reports, and monitors our customers' Citrix production environment(s), leveraging our experience, technical knowledge, and ITIL expertise. Our team is responsible for providing reactive, proactive, and preventative services, serving as trusted advisors who understand our customers' environments and work as an extension of their IT Operations team. In practice, CMS is primarily responsible for delivering the following operational services in our customers' Citrix production environment(s):
- Incident management - resolve incidents received from the customer (in alignment with SLA's) and/or that were created to address alerts from the CMS monitoring system.
- Change management - attend weekly customer change review board meetings, write/submit change tickets, perform changes during customer change windows (typically after-hours).
- Problem management - analyze customer's incident history to determine if any trends/patterns represent an underlying problem, and if so work with customer to initiate an effort to address.
- Event management - investigate alerts received from the CMS monitoring system and determine proper actions to address these alerts.
- Request fulfillment - fulfill Citrix-related service requests received from the customer.
- Environment management - functions include managing/administering Citrix technologies and components within the production environment, updating Citrix environment documentation, applying approved firmware and patch updates to Citrix components, assessing the health of and making recommendations to optimize the Citrix platform, and providing Citrix thought leadership.
- Reports - deliver weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports containing key ticketing system metrics and other information relevant to decision-making.
Within CMS, the Technical Consultant is responsible for performing the following tasks to support CMS clients:
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and closing all critical and high-severity (P1/P2) incidents.
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and closing all incidents that are escalated from the Service Desk.
- Performing normal and emergency changes as defined by the client.
- Fulfilling service requests that can be implemented via a normal change.
- Maintaining accurate and timely ticketing system data (e.g. detailed ticket notes, accurate ticket status, following up on tickets to avoid excessive ticket aging, etc.).
- Configuring and managing the monitoring solution for Citrix and related ancillary technologies, including helping to establish baselines and adjusting threshold values as needed.
- Analyzing monitoring metrics and alerts to identify patterns/trends, make correlations, and provide actionable information.
The success of the Technical Consultant will be measured by this person's ability to perform the abovementioned tasks efficiently, act in a professional manner that elicits high customer NPS, and act as a Citrix technical authority.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues in a Citrix environment.
- Act as the Citrix technical authority/subject matter expert (SME).
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Obtain ITIL and Citrix technical certifications within first 6-12 months in this role.
- Possess an excellent technical understanding of Citrix technologies and how to support and manage in a variety of settings, ranging from basic to complex.
- Assist junior teammates with learning key technical concepts around desktop and server virtualization, cloud computing, and network/systems architectures.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, and assist teammates with solving complex technical issues.
- Maintain a calm, poised, and professional demeanor while working in potentially stressful situations with customer IT staff and/or users.
- Possess the soft skills to be able to defuse a tense/sensitive situation, while still being able to act firmly if/when necessary.
- Possess time management skills and the ability to multi-task across in support of multiple clients.
- Demonstrate the desire and ability to continue learning new concepts and remain up-to-date on the most recent technologies, particularly Citrix technologies.
- Install, configure, and maintain the Citrix monitoring solution for customer environments.
- Provide regular and efficient updates on tasks and activities to direct manager.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Must be willing to work daily on-site in a CMS office in San Juan, Puerto Rico; San Jose, Costa Rica; Dublin, Ireland; or Bangalore, India.
- Must have demonstrated strong academic achievement and good communication skills.
- Must be flexible and dependable, and act with accountability/ownership.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent problem-solving ability with complex technical challenges.
- Act with a positive customer service attitude.
- Ability to work effectively in a small- to medium-size team environment.
- Desire and ability to provide mentoring/coaching to junior teammates.
- ITIL knowledge and ability to apply ITIL concepts in practice.
- Demonstrated technical fluency and/or expertise in a range of technical areas, including:
- Citrix ADC Knowledge, ADM, experience with other Load balancers.
- Routing, switching, firewall technologies.
- Strong Networking concepts (TCP/IP, SSL, Routing, LAN, WAN, HTTP, UDP, SNMP,FTP,SMTP).
- GSLB, Application Firewall, Advanced Policies.
- Languages: English fluency
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited university in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business or equivalent field of study a plus.
- 6 - 8 years of Citrix and/or IT operational experience, including with relevant Microsoft technologies.
- CCNA/CCNP, Juniper, Azure, AWS and/or ITIL certifications (if not already in possession).
- Positive customer service- and team-oriented attitude.
Functional Area:Customer Success Management
What you're looking for:
Everyone is welcome at Citrix. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and a culture of belonging, and celebrate bringing our courageous, authentic selves to work. We believe this way of working helps us innovate, and it's just one of the reasons why our employees continuously recognize Citrix as a great place to work.
Citrix helps make work more sustainable to benefit the planet, our business, and our communities. For more than 30 years, we have empowered individuals and organizations to work remotely or work from anywhere, reducing commuting emissions and energy consumption in the process.
We are the #1 leader in Virtual Client Computing (VCC) and #2 in the Application Delivery Controller (ADC) space, and we have key partnerships with top cloud providers. We'll give you the tools, learning opportunities, mentorship, and flexibility to achieve your goals. Come see why you belong at Citrix, with our culture supporting purposeful innovation and growth from within.
We offer a competitive total rewards package* that includes:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Health and wellness benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Retirement benefits
- Time off and absence programs
- Professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Paid volunteer time and charitable matching of employee donations
- Employee resource groups
- And more!
**Please note that benefits may vary based on location.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
At this time, we are requiring personnel entering a Citrix office, traveling for business or attending a Citrix event to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you choose to remain unvaccinated based on a specific medical need or a sincerely held religious belief and need to access our offices, Citrix will work with you to provide you with reasonable accommodation where possible. Learn more about our COVID-19 policies.
By applying, you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.
To apply, please visit: https://citrix.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CitrixCareers/job/Bangalore/Technical-Consultant---Networking_R33880