- Supplier Quality Engineer - Mechanical Commodity Driveline
- Go to our website »
Supplier Quality Engineer - Mechanical Commodity Driveline
CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company dedicated to advancing the noble work of agriculture and construction workers. Driven by our shared purpose of Breaking New Ground, we are passionate about bringing Innovation, Sustainability, and Productivity to all that we do. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial's 37,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world through our core brands: Case IH, STEYR, New Holland Agriculture, CASE, and New Holland Construction.
The Supplier Quality Engineer - Mechanical Commodity serves a vital role in working with suppliers in an up-front, preventative and also in a problem-solving activity. Collaborates with suppliers and relevant internal functions such as purchasing, engineering, and the plants to guarantee the quality of components from the supply base for new product launches and current production.
This is a field position and must be based out of IL, WI, MI, OH or MN.
- Qualification of potential suppliers and Approval of components - Potential supplier Audit (PSA), business case, Production Part approval Process (PPAP), Interim Recovery Worksheet (IRW), Process Audit (PA), Program Reviews (PR)
- Support for new program launches -- Tech Review, Quality Risk Assessments (QRA)
- Resolution of supplier quality issues and management of supplier quality performance -- SQP management, PIQ/PPM metrics,
- Current product management (CPM) resolutions
- Assure proper nonconformity containment tools application as CSL1/2/3 (Containment Shipping Level) and proper corrective actions to achieve stable supplier conformity.
- Extensive understanding of problem-solving techniques at suppliers (8D, Ishikawa, pareto diagram etc.).
- Support warranty recovery projects -- technical support on warranty claims
Annual base salary range for this position is $88,000 - $139,000 USD. (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.)
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering is required - BSME, BSIE or BSTech
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience with at least six (6) years of manufacturing/quality control/design experience in Mechanical / Driveline components, systems such as gears, shafts, gearboxes and transmissions, etc. Three (3) years of experience should include: quality engineering, supplier quality engineering and/or quality management with understanding and experience working with Advanced Quality Planning tools (design reviews, FMEAs, Contractual Control Plans, Inspection and Test plans, Gage R&R Studies, Capability Studies, SPC, 7-step or 8D corrective action process).
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time within North America. In office presence may be required at times of business need.
To apply, visit https://careers-cnhind.icims.com/jobs/24460/supplier-quality-engineer---mechanical-commodity-driveline/job?in_iframe=1