Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Staff Engineer. The team provides cutting edge solutions to engage and delight our customers in their online experience across multiple brands within the Albertson's, Inc. companies. It's also responsible to provide internal tools for assisting business, partners and third-party providers. This team is committed for building scalable next gen digital experience platform. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
This hands-on technical leader is responsible for creating a technical vision across multiple eCommerce initiatives and should have a successful history of analysis, design and implementation in a business-critical environment with deeper emphasis to Customer Service. The primary area of focus will be blend of support and development, which includes the design, coding and testing of medium to large application components. This engineer will closely work with other Software Engineers, Technical Leads, Architects, Managers and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. General product/tool suite includes Java/J2EE, Sprint Boot, Angular, React, Node, PHP, Cassandra, Kafka, MySQL, Oracle, Azure/PCF cloud, Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle between cloud and on-prem environments.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- An expert in building digital solutions on client and server-side components.
- Motivated by taking a new or enhancements to existing capability all the way from inception, through research, estimations, design, iterative development, and deployment till it's in the hands of customers.
- Participate in the implementation and enhancement of digital experience platform.
- Facilitate the implementation and adoption of new frameworks, tools and technologies.
- Work with 3rd parties, Operations and IT teams to help support production environments.
- Collaborate with system and business analysts to resolve complex end user ticket issues.
- Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality.
- Work with technical leaders to write and review technical specifications as required, meeting the objectives of functional specifications. Specifically, identifying specific interfaces, methods, parameters, procedures or functions as required.
- Has a mindset and believes in CI/CD (Automation) in developing modern software.
- Debug software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in developing software applications using Java, Spring Framework.
- Experienced in designing and developing Microservices applying Reactive patterns.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud platform services and application development using Microsoft Azure OR AWS.
- 3+ years of experience in software test engineering.
- Experienced in developing and designing solutions for high traffic/high volume in consumer facing industry domains.
- Experienced with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Mongo db.
- Experienced with analyzing and tuning code/application performance under high volume/high availability environments.
- Experienced in developing software cycles using CI/CD, Test Automation
- Extensive experience using Kalka, JMS, MQ etc.
- Experienced with database design, writing and tuning queries.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks
- Innovative problem solver.
- Familiarity with Agile, Kanban development methodology.
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into working solutions.
- Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual contributor work environments.
- Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Prior experience using Pivotal Cloud Foundry and AKS is a plus.
- Prior experience with any CRM is a plus.
- Working knowledge of emerging UI and Web frameworks including React Fiber and Vue.
- Reasonably good understanding Salesforce product roadmap and ability to compare with other CRM products
- Experience on Cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP) and operating models for Private cloud, IaaS, and PaaS technologies.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000661091206&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???