Sr. Software Engineer (Marketing, Data and Technology)
Job ID: 2021-30813
Category: Engineering & Technology
We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineering that works closely with Principal's global marketers to deliver innovative marketing solutions. A portion of our work is managing the integration of our marketing technology stack with our other enterprise solutions to enable customer insights and customer experience. We primarily collaborate as a mob for the majority of the day with flexibility for individual schedules.
Our team helps our enterprise get the most out of our marketing technology investments, whether that's creatively leveraging out of the box functionality or extending through customization.
We work on all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle and consider ourselves full stack engineers. This can cover discovery, design, dev, testing, CI/CD, and monitoring.
Here are few examples of the kinds of things you'll do:
- Enable marketers from around the enterprise to effectively reach out and connect with current and future customers.
- We work in small teams of smart, upbeat individuals who demonstrate a start-up approach. Our work is challenging and fulfilling, and we are proud to share our products.
- Our team members are resilient change-makers who continuously seek improvement through pairing and mobbing, open source solutions, cloud solutions, dojos and much more.
- Understand complex technical concepts and translate them into solutions that are understandable and engaging.
- Leverage data to produce personalized experiences relevant to customers.
- Enable foundational marketing technology solutions that use data to make effective marketing possible.
Were looking for someone with:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree with a preference in a computer science, technology, engineering, or math related field or equivalent work experience
- Plus 6+ years of technology experience
- Experienced with API calls, system integrations, and data positioning/movement
- Familiar with development for cloud platforms (we use AWS, but we're open to others with experience in GCP, Heroku, etc.)
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Experience implementing and extending vendor platforms (examples include: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Medallia, Sprinklr, Salesforce CRM, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Integration with data warehouses to generate marketing insights
- Mentoring, teaching, and growing skill sets of others
This position may require on-call responsibilities.
Well consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, youll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why were an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers-principal.icims.com/jobs/30813/sr.-software-engineer-%28marketing%2c-data-and-technology%29/job?in_iframe=1