Sr. Manager, Manufacturing IT Systems
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for an IT Senior manager, Manufacturing. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The IT Senior Manager role oversees project execution, application development and delivery across the supply chain manufacturing portfolio. This is a leadership position in the IT Manufacturing organizations reporting to the Technology Director, Manufacturing.
The Senior Manager leads a core group of project managers, business analysts, software architects, developers and deployment managers that are responsible for delivering technology solutions that support core IT initiatives that drive business value. Candidates must be experienced in the Supply Chain manufacturing applications and infrastructure delivery along with the best practices associated with structured agile development. This position will be tasked with direct ownership of all project and program delivery across manufacturing and related functions.
The manager must have proven managerial experience working with application development and technical professionals, project managers as well as, our business facing colleagues. The individual in this role will provide input on ways to improve our development processes, incorporate best practices and policies. Must have strong communication skills with the ability to discuss and present information and issues across a wide variety of individuals and groups (inside and outside of Technology). In addition, this individual must have a proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams delivering high quality and complex solutions within the technology space.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning: Work closely with their Director to ensure that they clearly understand the business priorities and are working on the right projects.
- Forecasting: Delivery the necessary forecast for the resources and funding that is needed to achieve the work plans, ensuring the right balance of internal to contractor ratio.
- Project Delivery: Accountable for the successful delivery (on-time, on-budget, w/ highest quality) of all engineering programs and projects within the domain.
- Development: Provide technical leadership and direction to design, build and configure system solutions that align to the functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Compliance: Ensure alignment with the company's standards and procedures for project management, architecture direction, development standards, security requirements and supportability.
- Ongoing Improvements: Help support and establish operational metrics to measure, monitor and improve project delivery and performance.
- Strategy/Roadmap: Work closely with senior director and business partners to establish 3 to 5 years roadmap for the manufacturing area.
- Vendor Partnership: Foster a strong vendor partnership that encourages collaboration and offers improvement opportunities.
- Staff development: Provide team members with an environment of coaching, mentoring, feedback and staff development.
- Partner with Manufacturing and Finance Engineering Directors, PMO, Architecture, Information Security, Platform Engineering and Services and Support teams to create detailed plans for the overall program.
- Team Work: Work across the technology organization to build strong relationships that foster a team spirit.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in leading technical development and/or product teams.
- 3+ years in a management role with direct reports of more than 5.
- Previous leadership experience with large projects in Retail companies around Manufacturing will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience with implementing and support Infor M3 software will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, counsel and train team members.
- Must possess superior problem-solving skills, be action-oriented and decisive.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-track program level risks, interdependencies across projects.
- Previous experience with large projects in Retail or CPG companies.
- Previous experience deploying a contemporary application across a large organization.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts, ideas and strategies to senior leadership and end-users.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure to balance competing priorities in meeting business deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Extensive creativity, drive, high energy level, and the ability to self-manage.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously.
- Travel: up to 25%
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000741165806&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???