Sr Google Cloud Engineer
Location: ., DALLAS, Texas 75287
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Technology & Engineering Department has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer / Technical Lead in the Digital Marketing to design, create and help deploy futuristic digital marketing presence on an underlying Google Cloud Platform. The company is rolling out futuristic digital solutions to aid new grocery shopping experiences. This position is located in Pleasanton, CA or Plano, TX or other locations may be considered.
The Digital Marketing programs provide cutting edge solutions to engage and delight our customers in their online experience across multiple brands within the Albertson's, Inc. companies. The ideal candidate will be passionate in improving to create a compelling digital experience for 25 million plus , and growing, customers in our online channels and millions more in physical stores across US. Working in a fast-paced agile development environment, this position will be critical in delivering solutions to advance futuristic innovative marketing technology solutions using various Google and other technologies. The solutions built in this area are expected to drive top line growth.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and conduct design reviews of solutions created using a mix of Google Cloud technologies including AI/ML technologies. .
- Design, build, and lead the development of cloud native applications using the Google Cloud Platform services, event streaming technologies, and various open-source frameworks. *
- Expertise on data analysis and visualization using technologies such as Looker, Splunk and Power BI
- Collaborates with the architects, business and the project team to understand business requirements and strategies, ensures completeness of over requirements and create suitable software solutions to support those needs.
- Ensures the design solutions are achievable and can be implemented working along a sequence of events/steps in achieving the target architecture.
- Partners with other Tech Leads and Architects in driving modular, services-oriented integration and solution architecture.
- Responsible for the quality and delivery of the App Dev software activities, including adherence to software design, development and code reviews, as well as security and DevOps/infrastructure standards.
- Defines, creates and supports reusable application components/patterns from a business and technology perspective.
- Keep up to date on cutting edge technologies on Cloud, IoT, mobile, AI/ML, social, Big Data and Digital Marketing Tools.
- Ensures integration requirements & designs are supported by defined development patterns and if required augments them as new patterns emerge.
- Use Agile SCRUM to deliver solutions with high level of flexibility and adaptability.
- Foster a culture of innovation in the team and encourage creative solutions
- A solid experience and understanding of considerations for large scale, data intensive digital solutions on GCP.
- Good familiarity with Google Vertex AI platform with prior participation in development, training, validations, measurement and iterations of AI models created using such a platform
- Experience in high-frequency messaging/event streaming platform (MQ, ETL, Kafka).
- Experience in CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker).
- Familiarity with the iOS and Android native and hybrid applications.
- Ability to liaise with external and internal customer stakeholders on technical design decisions and trade-offs and ensure software solution will meet required functional, performance, and SLA thresholds. *
- Ability to resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers.
- Innovative, out-of-the-box thinker and willingness to push the envelope with creative solutions.
- Significant experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile, Iterative development).
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrix organization
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality solutions and platforms.
- In depth knowledge and experience integrating applications across diverse technical platforms.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000739712806&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???