Software Engineer - Remote Available
Job ID: 2021-30832
Category: Engineering & Technology
Are you looking for a new role where there are exciting challenges with designing, implementing and supporting high volume, highly available systems infrastructure? If so, this is an opportunity for you!
You'll be on an Agile scrum team that supports the infrastructure for our Application Platform Services environment that enables business areas to develop and deploy applications at Principal. The Application Hosting team supports a variety of Java Runtime environments, including IBM WebSphere, IBM Liberty, IBM Java Batch and IBM Portal, along with the development/configuration management tooling including Ansible, Java, Ruby, Python and other scripting languages.
Opportunities include building/configuring and automating/orchestrating our system builds, troubleshooting, maintenance/patching, and upgrades and defining/developing self-service tooling for business areas to interact and use our systems effectively.
You will also get to experiment with new technologies while working with all of the business areas at Principal, giving you visibility into what each of those areas do and how they use our Application Platform Systems.
We're looking to add a forward-thinking individual that displays strong engineering characteristics with a high degree of technical curiosity and a desire to jump in and learn new systems and technologies.
As a member of the team you will share responsibilities in:
- Building, monitoring, maintaining and providing technical support for application platform infrastructure systems that consist of over 20 separate product solutions hosting over 2000 deployed applications both domestically and internationally.
- Defining and developing innovative application platform solutions to meet business requirements.
- Monitoring systems performance and capacity to proactively meet customer needs and SLA requirements.
Strengths for success:
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to identify root cause and propose solutions.
- Problem solving, decision-making, planning/organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Self-starter and able to learn about new technologies independently
- Ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree with a preference in a science, technology, engineering, or math related field or equivalent work experience (6 years of experience equates to an Associates degree when defining equivalent work experience)
- Development, automation, orchestration or scripting experience (internship experience, community exposure, or professional experience)
- Strongest candidates will have 1+ years of development experience, Java or Python preferred
- On-call support on a rotation basis
This position may require on-call responsibilities.
Well consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-nonimmigrant-workers and https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-employment-based-immigrants
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, youll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why were an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers-principal.icims.com/jobs/30832/software-engineer---remote-available/job?in_iframe=1