Sr. Python Software Developer (MX-Remote)
As a Software Engineer on the Cloud Office Engineering team, you'll have the opportunity to build world-class web applications and platform services that provide messaging and collaboration tools for customers worldwide. This role will be part of a team that has a strong, passionate engineering culture and a proven track record of writing high-quality software by using the best engineering practices in the industry. You will have the opportunity to work on highly distributed, extreme capacity systems that use a variety of services and processes.
- Design and develop software for large-scale enterprise services.
- Translate functional requirements into conceptual and detailed designs; provide estimates for the development effort.
- Create unit and acceptance tests; perform QA/Test; automate deployment; and assist Operations and Support staff in trouble-shooting software issues, as well as, implementing bug fixes.
- Adhere to coding and process best practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in software development using Python.
- Strong Python experience
- Strong API Design and Deployment Experience
- Experience with large-scale, distributed systems
- Strong development and engineering principles, including code coverage, and test-first programming.
- Code readability, documentation, understanding of revision control systems (git)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with one or more relational databases (e.g. MySQL, MSSQL).
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts
- Sound knowledge of PHP majorly core
- Jenkins for CI/CD
- Should possess good experience with Flask
- Grafana, Elastic search, Kibana
- Must have good command over Linux
Desirable skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- RHCE preferred
- Linux programming experience beyond scripting using any programming language
- Familiarity with Internet email protocols (POP, IMAP, SMTP) and email architecture
- Experience using a configuration management system (Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience working with a large-scale system (1000+ servers)
- Experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with non-relational databases (preferably Redis, Cassandra and Solr)
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with Linux logging services like Syslog-ng and Flume
- Web hosting experience using NGNIX or Apache
- Experience with the use of container management systems such as Docker and Swarm or Kubernetes.
About Rackspace TechnologyWe are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world's leading technologies - across applications, data and security - to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace TechnologyThough we're all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply for this job
For additional information, visit: https://jobs.lever.co/rackspace/65ba1aaf-ff11-49e2-bc60-3bc2d6b0dfaf