Senior Sales Manager, Agency Developments - NY
Title: Senior Sales Manager, Agency Development, Samsung Ads Group
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, network systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. Since being established in 1969, Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world's leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top 10 global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth.
As a result of its commitment to innovation and unique design, the Samsung organization is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. Samsung Electronics America was ranked #1 by Forbes Top Ten Companies Millennials in the U.S. Trust the Most in 2016.
Samsung has developed a proprietary ad platform that leverages unique first party TV data to help brands connect to their audience as they explore content across desktop, mobile, tablets and our SMART TVs. The Samsung Ads Platform delivers high-quality audience targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, world-class data science, and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory.
We are currently looking for a talented Senior Sales Manager, Agency Development, an individual who is a motivated self-starter responsible for building and growing relationships with named holding companies and agencies across the country.
The individual should have a deep understanding of the ins and outs of media agencies, their operating models, and their organizational structures. This includes but is not limited to planning/strategy, investment, programmatic, advanced TV, analytics, as well as agency-owned platforms and data solutions.
The individual should have a passion for connected TV, advanced TV, and the rapidly changing way consumers are viewing premium content across all screens. It's key to have a pulse on how the media agency community is thinking about and allocating client video spend to reserved and programmatic channels and what solutions they need to do so more seamlessly. This passion and knowledge will inform this individual's business plan - developed in conjunction with the Head of Agency Development & Platform Sales - to build and grow Samsung Ads' business with assigned holding companies.
This individual should have existing relationships across the major agencies and holding companies, including key senior level contacts. This Senior Sales Manager, Agency Development must be able to think strategically, anticipate how buying decisions are made, uncover the business needs of key clients and have a proven ability to negotiate partnerships and upfronts to drive spend. Additionally, this executive will be the consummate team-player and have the ability to work collaboratively across the sales organization within a fluid and fast paced environment. This position will carry an annual revenue goal.
This Senior Sales Manager, Agency Development position is based in New York with domestic US travel as needed. You will report to our Head of Agency Development & Platform Sales. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising sales organization with a relentless focus on design and customer experience, you've come to the right place.
As an individual contributor, you'll be supported by our world class operations team and will benefit from working with a leadership team that is chartering our explosive growth.
Role and Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively present and communicate Samsung Ads' value proposition to agency personnel of all levels and functions
- Develop and manage key executive relationships across identified holding companies and related agencies
- Create a plan to build and grow Samsung Ads' business with named holding companies and agencies
- Activate overarching partnerships/upfronts to ensure product adoption and revenue growth
- Partner with various media agency teams such as linear, digital, trading desks, and investment on key business opportunities across the agency
- Partner and collaborate with cross functional teams (e.g. Finance, Business Operations, Policy, Legal, etc.) on named holding company partnership commercial terms and legal agreements
- Continuously provide value to your customers and serve as a trusted consultant to drive advertising growth with the Samsung Ads platform
- Collaborate with the Samsung Ads sales teams to drive business goals and objectives by leveraging agency relationships to unlock new revenue and partnership opportunities, removing friction, and acting as a point of escalation
- Act as an internal champion for the media agency community across Samsung
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA or other advanced degree a plus with 12 to 15 years of experience
- 7+ years' experience in digital advertising or relevant business development function
- Strong sales and/or business experience with proven ability to drive results
- Ability to develop strategic business plans to grow engagement across larger holding company
- Strong experience working with media agencies - requires deep understanding of agency economics, processes and roles
- History of solving complex business problems and building internal consensus across a variety of internal stakeholders to get deals done
- Proven track record of negotiating agency partnerships and/or upfronts
- Successful internal and external relationship management
- Experience working in both entrepreneurial and established corporate cultures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through
- Talent at explaining complex topics in simple terms in person or over the phone
- Experience in managing longer sales cycles with many stakeholders
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969, Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the worlds leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at (https://news.samsung.com/global/).