Senior Manager, Digital Applications
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Eligible for IT Employee Referral Bonus -- Level 3
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Manager, Digital Applications within the Loyalty and Digital Marketing program. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Loyalty and Digital Marketing programs provide cutting edge solutions to engage and delight our customers in their online experience across multiple brands within the Albertsons Companies. The ideal candidate will be passionate in growing and leading the core team responsible for end to end project execution, application development and delivery. The Loyalty and Digital Marketing applications aim at improving the digital experience for 20M+, and growing, customers in our online channels. Working in a fast-paced agile development environment, this position will be critical in delivering solutions to advance the capabilities of Loyalty applications like rewards, points, and promotions. The ideal candidate for this role must have a deep understanding of web-based and Java technologies and a proven track record of leading cross-functional teams in delivering highly complex solutions.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with internal and external business partners to understand priorities and influence the product roadmap.
- Build a high-performance team of technical professionals, business analysts and project managers.
- Accountable for delivering forecast for resources and managing project budget to achieve project goals.
- Responsible for successful delivery of Pricing and promotions programs within domain.
- Collaborate with external partners to explore and research solutions, produce proof of concepts and integrate into production systems.
- Drive best practices in software development using agile/scrum approach
- Strong background of development practices like TDD, BDD
- Strong background of CI/CD and technical acumen of broad range of technologies like rational and NoSQL Data base, Java and spring, test automation using selenium, Jmeter etc.
- Effectively communicate information across multiple levels of the organization.
- Provide team members with an environment of learning, mentoring and staff development
- Foster strong vendor partnerships that encourages collaboration and offers improvement opportunities
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 5+ years experience in leading technical development teams
- 5+ years in a management role with direct reports of more than 5
- Preferred experience working in large-scale high availability customer-facing applications
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and cloud-based technologies
- Strong communication and leadership skills, able to influence IT and business teams across the company
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis and adopt to a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to present and communicate ideas to a diverse audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000730239306&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???