This ad is expired.
Senior Manager -- Data Governance & Literacy
Location: ., Phoenix, Arizona 85044
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Data Governance team at Albertsons Companies is looking for an experienced Data Governance Leader to work for the most transformational food and drug retailers in the United States. Albertsons operates over 2,300 stores under 19 well-known banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen and Carrs. The company reported revenue of over $60billion from over 34 million weekly shoppers and is the third largest private company in the country.
The Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Manager Data Governance and Literacy. This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
Data Governance at Albertsons is inspired to enable a world class data environment to revolutionize the food and drug retail industry. We are looking for people who are excited in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of data. The Data Governance team aims to make data discoverable and inspire confidence in its fidelity, protection and discoverability for data science and a multitude of other business users to draw insights to delight our customers, to improve store operations, to optimize financial data and to proactively improve product lifecycle.
You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, using cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into business impacts on regular basis. You will lead a team a of data engineers and partner with business stakeholders in identifying, prioritizing, and enabling their data engineering needs while ensuring cutting edge practices and platform capabilities continue to mature. The candidate will have a background in computer science or a related technical field with experience working with large data sets. Experience and knowledge of Data Protection technology, Data Virtualization technology and Data Catalog technology will be core competencies we are looking for in this position. You must have a passion towards enabling data-driven decision making. A successful candidate will be both technically strong and business savvy, with a passion to make an impact through creative storytelling and timely actions. You are a self-starter, smart yet humble, with a bias for action.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and lead a high-performing data engineering team in a hands-on technical capacity. Inspire and deliver innovation in data that fuels the growth of business; coach team members and grow their skill sets.
- Ability to influence across different groups and levels in the organization.
- Partner & collaborate with business & IT stakeholders to define and deliver on roadmaps.
- Provide technical leadership in data engineering practices. Partner with Architecture, Infosec, Data Management, Data Science and business leaders to establish a strong relationship and trust for prioritizing and delivering projects on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Establish patterns for re-use, standards, and best practices for DataOps such that problem resolution has minimum latency and incidents are at a minimum.
- Partner with the Audit, Compliance and Data Governance leaders to ensure data is of high fidelity, measurable, secured and conforms to the guidelines laid out by the organization and the industry.
- Mature our capabilities supporting our Data Catalog, Data Virtualization and Data Protection environments.
- Drive meetings and lead discussions. Prioritize projects across the team and allocate resources to meet business and team goals.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science with 7+ years management experience in building and leading data engineering teams.
- Track record of guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver solutions to our business. Ability to translate high-level business objectives into actions.
- Skilled at forming cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations.
- Proficient in Cloud Date Warehouses like SnowFlake/Azure Synapse/Big Query/RedShift.
- Proficient in Data Architecture, Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Governance and Data Lineage.
- 5+ years of industry experience in building & delivering highly performant data engineering solutions
- 5+ years of experience and proficiency in Python, SQL
- Experience building dashboards and scorecards with PowerBI is required.
- Experience building an Enterprise Data Catalog is required.
- Understanding of Data Virtualization patterns and technologies is required
- Understanding and experience with Data Protection patterns and technologies is required.
- Proficient in writing & optimizing advanced SQL's.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different audiences.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000753574706&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???