Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Data Governance Team has an opening for a Data Governance Manager. This position preferred location is Pleasanton, California.
Albertson's Companies is looking for people who are interested in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of data and digital technologies. The purpose of the role is to lead the enterprise data governance efforts for Albertsons Companies. This role reports directly to the Head of Data Governance and assists with the formation and execution of data governance framework, policies, and standards. The incumbent will provide governance expertise, and assist with the development and promotion of information governance policies to ensure the quality of critical data through all upstream and downstream data channels. He/She will be responsible for establishing the enterprise metadata management and ownership program to ensure adherence to the organization's metadata and ownership standards. This includes establishment of an enterprise data dictionary, business data lineage and ownership / stewardship network, engagement with and education of data consumers. The incumbent will lead the development and management of metadata definition, lineage and change control procedures and the promotion of information governance policies & standards to ensure the quality of asset data through all upstream and downstream data channels. The incumbent will also work with business partners, data management stakeholders, and the IT department to document current standards and coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps while supporting the implementation of systematic and procedural controls.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate strong information management, data analytics, and architecture skills including working knowledge of data infrastructure and various technology reporting platforms.
- Manage data as a strategic asset and operationalize data governance, data architecture, metadata management, data reporting, data quality and other controls to sustain the integrity of the data of the organization.
- Play a key role in leading the development, documentation, and implementation of data governance, metadata management, data lineage, and rdata qualityelated policies, procedures and standards to ensure a high level of accountability
- IWork with business partners, data management stakeholders and the IT departments to identify and document critical data elements, including metadata, lineage, business rules, and owners/stewards for in-scope systems and domains.
- Work with business partners, data management stakeholders and the IT departments to define and document enterprise data dictionary and data lineage for enterprise critical data elements.
- Establishes change control process over metadata changes and work with functional and IT partners to enforce within organization.
- Ensure adherence to the company level metadata and data lineage (Sourcing) standards by IT and Data Management partners.
- Lead data governance tools and processes implementation for metadata management and enable central repository for critical data definitions, lineage, change control workflow and information on approved stewardship / ownership network.
- Create and disseminate information and training sessions ensuring employees are aware of and comprehend the latest data governance quality standards and monitoring requirements.
- Ensure organizational awareness of the policy for reporting and managing incidents of poor data quality or data conflict.
- Establish and coordinate Data Governance Committee and Working Group meetings
- Work with data governance team members, data governance committee, working group members to ensure any identified data integrity gaps and incidents are appropriately escalated, logged and analyzed to determine root cause(s); work with business partners, data management stakeholders and IT to implement timely remediation of recommendations.
- Create and execute a communication plan that ensures data owners are aware of and understand the data governance strategy and policies and comprehend their role and responsibilities in relation to the strategy and policies.
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert to business partners to ensure alignment between business unit-level procedures and data governance policies.
- Maintain positive relationships regarding data governance matters with relevant cross functional business partners, providing input and feedback on emerging policy lines.
- Recommend enhancements to data acquisition processes to improve the accuracy of data repositories.
- Provide recommendations for measuring and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of data governance, operational control processes, and compliance activities.
- Develop and refine high quality monthly and quarterly reports demonstrating program activities and progress.
- Act as the primary point of contact with regulators during data governance or data management related examinations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post Graduate degree preferred with a minimum of 4 years of experience in data governance, metadata management, analytics or similar, or, a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 years of experience in data governance related work, analytics or similar.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in retail with 4 years of resource management experience.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection.
- Knowledge of data privacy related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends.
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influences the way things are done.
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics.
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission.
- Willingness to take change and provide direction.
- Results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations
- Ability to manage senior relationships across all the business and functional areas.
- bility to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships.
- >Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts and negotiate with others.
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness.
Project Oversight and Decision Making Ability
- Highly developed skills in priority setting and alignment of project priorities with departmental strategy.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals.
- Ability to get to the heart of the problem and make sound and timely decisions to resolve problems.
People Management and Development
- Ability to develop people, skills in coaching, mentoring, and teaching on the job.
- Ability to identify and recruit talent, including identifying right people for both technical and non-technical jobs.
- Skilled in performance management, recognizing and rewarding performance and identifying development needs.
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect and cooperation among teams.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER