Senior Java Engineer Integrations
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, Pleasanton, California 94588
About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw's and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
The Senior Java Engineer Integrations will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of the Applications integrations solutions in the microservices environment that will be used to fulfil the desired business/product functionality in the eCommerce order management and fulfilment space.
The position will be based in Pleasanton, California.
- Provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools, and existing designs.
- Determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
- Provide guidance on latest technology trends and future directions.
- Design and build effective application Integration
- Analyze highly complex business requirements.
- Design and create technical specifications to design or redesign complex applications and reusable components.
- Analyze problems outlined by Product Managers, Architects, Technical Leads or Business Systems Analysts in terms of detailed technology requirements and capabilities.
- Provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, estimation, prototyping, simulation, and analysis efforts.
- Verify program logic through testing best practices, including writing automated unit and functional tests.
- Use Agile Scrum practices to deliver solutions with high level of flexibility and adaptability.
- Oversee overall systems configuration and testing, ensuring efficient deployment of applications to production.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides.
- Develop documentation standards, procedures, and approval hierarchies.
- Provide Production Support (Level3), Ability to debug, apply quick fixes to unblock customers in the production environment.
- To be successful in the role, candidate will need to have a level of curiosity and excitement to learn new things and solve highly complex business requirements. they will need to be motivated to do research to design, develop and deploy highly scalable solutions.
What we are searching for
We believe the successful candidate has these qualifications and experience:
- 4-year degree (Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field).
- Minimum 10+ years of hands-on experience in developing software applications using Java, EAI/ESB / Message Broker.
- Extensive experience using Kalka, JMS, MQ etc. is a must
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with cloud platform services and application development using Microsoft Azure OR AWS.
- Experience in Order Management / Fulfillment, Catalog systems is a big plus.
- Experienced in developing and designing solutions for high traffic/high volume in eCommerce domains.
- Experienced in designing and developing Microservices applying Reactive patterns.
- Experienced with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Mongo db. etc.
- Experienced with analyzing and tuning code/application performance under High volume/High availability environments.
- Experienced in developing software using CI/CD, Test Automations is a big plus.
- Experienced with database design, writing and tuning queries.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks
- Innovative problem solver.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into working solutions.
- Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual contributor work environments.
- Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service-oriented attitude.
What it is like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000797799706&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???