Senior HR Manager
GetThru is hiring a Senior HR Manager to grow our People function as we strive to create a best-in-class employee experience for everyone who works here. You will ensure the successful execution of day-to-day responsibilities in areas such as benefits and leave, compliance, and onboarding while driving projects and processes in areas such as professional development, performance management, and DEI.
As a resource to everyone, you'll be responsible for building successful working relationships with employees across the company to ensure that their needs are being heard and that the policies and tools we implement enable us all to do our best work. In your role as Senior HR Manager, you will also be responsible for innovating and cultivating a team culture that aligns with GetThru's mission and progressive values.
You will be a part of the People & Operations team, reporting to the Head of People & Operations.
GetThru's mission is to empower organizations to connect authentically with their audiences at scale while building a sustainable company committed to progressive social change. Our tools have been used by more than 2,000 organizations to send over 1 billion text messages and make more than 500 million phone calls for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, fundraising, polling, and more. In the 2020 election cycle we helped propel several of the highest-profile Democratic campaigns in the nation to victory, along with plenty of progressive state and local candidates.
We are an all-remote company with 40+ full time staff spread across the US and Canada. Prior to the pandemic, we had a once-yearly all staff retreat, and held semi-annual in-person team meetings (e.g., sales, support, development). And while our roots are in progressive politics, we love partnering with organizations of all kinds that share our passion for creating a better world.
Who you are / who will love this job
- An HR generalist who can navigate thorny issues, both from your own experiences and because you know how to find the resources you need
- A strategic partner who inspires confidence through your professionalism and consultative approach
- A disciplined and creative problem solver who can create your own directions in a low-structure, fast-paced environment
- A doer with strong organizational skills who enjoys executing and iterating
- A people manager who has directly managed and developed another employee
What you'll do
- Drive the development of company policies and processes that are scalable and consistent with our values
- Interpret policies, address employee questions, and conduct problem solving required for employee relations matters
- Administer compensation, benefits, and tools within our HR tech stack
- Oversee and process HR actions throughout the employee lifecycle, from new hire paperwork to final paychecks
- Support compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws
- Collect, analyze, and steward employee feedback to measure engagement and suggest improvements
- Design and project manage various people initiatives that help build team culture and increase employee engagement
- Partner with the Head of People & Operations to understand high-level company DEI vision and help translate that to education and awareness programs across the company
What we're looking for
- Prior full-time experience in an HR generalist (or equivalent) or HR management role
- Prior professional experience as a people manager
- Experience in project management and operationalizing new programs
- A high level of ownership, confidentiality, and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A shared passion for creating a better world
If you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your cover letter. We care as much about work ethic, creativity, curiosity, determination, and values alignment.
GetThru is an all-remote company with employees spread out across the country. Work from anywhere in the U.S. as long as there is good internet.
- $70,000-$90,000 base salary, depending on experience
- Additional compensation via participation in profit-sharing pool
- Participation in employee stock option pool
- 401K + employer match that begins on or after 3 months of employment
- 100% Health / dental / vision benefits for employees, 75% coverage for dependents
- 3 weeks of vacation time in year 1 and 2, with increases thereafter
- Additional benefits: ergonomic stipend, monthly wellness reimbursement, paid parental leave, charitable giving match
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology startups. We believe that a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. And we strive to build a team that reflects the communities we are working to support.
How to Apply
Please apply by going to: GetThru Senior HR Manager Application
In your application, please submit a resume and brief cover note that explains why you want to work for GetThru. Tell us the causes you are connected to, what experiences make you a good fit, and why you are excited about this role. This position is open until filled.