Senior Full-stack Developer (Customer Engagement Solutions)
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a Top Workplace year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Our Customer Engagement Solutions Practice
Our practice partners with leading cloud communications and contact center vendors such as Twilio and Amazon Connect to design, build and support solutions that help companies better engage and communicate with customers. You'll have the opportunity to work with established enterprise companies looking to transform their communication and customer engagement platforms. We also work closely with our software partners by pursuing opportunities together, providing feedback on roadmap and feature improvements and creating best practices and patterns through thought leadership.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Technical Consultant in the following locations.
- Toronto, ON
- Chicago, IL
- Lafayette, LA
- Fully Remote (minimum 2 years of experience)
As a senior developer in our Customer Engagement Solutions practice, you work closely as a main point of contact with customer technical and business stakeholders as part of a project team(s) to design, develop, test, and deploy custom solutions with one or more of our partner vendor platforms. You should have good written and verbal communication skills and have some experience leading consulting and collaboration with various technical and business stakeholders. Mentoring and coaching colleagues is an important part of this role. Besides implementing contact center solutions, you will also at times architect, design and build integrations between cloud contact center platforms and external systems or fulfill a customer's requirements using the various cloud platform APIs and services.
This is a consulting position and requires close interaction and collaboration with customers in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail, time management and clear communication are essentials tools in delivering successful engagements. Projects vary in length, new technologies, platforms and team composition, so adaptability and the ability to learn new things quickly is essential.
You may also be involved in collecting requirements for a new solution during the sales or elaboration process, documenting solutions we have developed, or communicating with customers about project status.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Primary technical point of contact with customers during professional services engagements.
- Interact with business stakeholders and technical staff at customers during professional services engagements.
- Design and strategize on internal products, accelerators and other internal IP initiatives. Interact with other cross-functional teams to design, develop, test, and release features.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept and MVP (Minimum Viable Product) projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- May work with offshore teams and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Increasing responsibility in areas such as sales support, project management and other leadership responsibilities.
- Be a collaborative team member who readily shares knowledge and accepts/provides feedback.
If you have most of the required qualifications and a deep interest in learning quickly in an environment with lots of opportunities for advancement, we encourage you to apply. Attitude counts for a lot as well. We also welcome those who chose technology as a second career who have made significant investments in learning and training themselves in new skills.
- Required qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field, Computer Science preferred and minimum of 3-4 years programming experience with increasing ownership in solution design
- Minimum 4 years programming experience with increasing ownership in solution design.
- At least 3 years of experience with web application development technologies, including design frameworks, HTTP stack, server and network configuration, etc.
- Some experience working with cloud-based/serverless back-end implementations (Node.JS preferred)
- Experience with at least one Cloud Provider (AWS, Google, Azure, etc) utilizing Serverless resources (Compute, Database, APIs, Pub/Sub) to build secure, scalable, and reliable solutions
- Understanding of complete project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Experience using source control in a team setting, an understanding of Code Review processes, and some exposure to deployment from a source control location.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Ability to convert high-level business scope and requirements into user stories/features. Ability to convert user stories/features into clear and actionable technical implementation tasks.
- Some travel is possible when it is once again safe to do so.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff. Able to convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Deeply interested in technology, including complex enterprise software products, with a continual drive to learn more.
- Motivated by the idea of learning about how people do their jobs and creating technology solutions to help them.
- Possess technical agility and savvy; persistent and creative at finding solutions to problems on your own; someone who can use documentation, Google searches, and trial and error to figure out a problem you haven't encountered before.
- Organized and reliable at completing assigned tasks on time.
- Interested in working on a close-knit team and staying aware of overall business needs rather than working in a development silo.
- Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness around work pace, process, and the ability to grow personally and professionally. Faces difficult issues and supports others who do the same.
- Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- AWS Certifications welcome
- Technology consulting experience or other experience collaborating and communicating with multiple stakeholders in a consulting or sales capacity.
- Experience working with automated deployment tools (CI/CD, DevOps) such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, AWS CodePipeline, etc.
- Some experience with a cloud-based contact center (CCAAS/CPAAS), communication stacks and/or video is a plus. Experience with Twilio or Amazon Connect is a significant plus.
- Experience in technology consulting, enterprise and solutions architecture and architectural frameworks
- Telephony experience is helpful (SIP, RDP, WebRTC, VOIP technologies)
- Experience with one or more major cloud providers, AWS (preferred), Azure, and/or Google Cloud, with capabilities across multiple services.
- Exposure to any CRM or similar product (Salesforce, Dynamics, ServiceNow, ZenDesk, etc.)
- Experience working with a nationally or globally distributed team.
- Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
To apply, visit https://careers-perficient.icims.com/jobs/12667/senior-full-stack-developer-%28customer-engagement-solutions%29/job?in_iframe=1iis=Job+Board&iisn=WITI21