Senior Enterprise Architect
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, Pleasanton, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Enterprise Architect for our Enterprise Strategy and EA Practices within the Technology Architecture Office. This position is located in Pleasanton, California, Plano, Texas or Phoenix, Arizona.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead architecture, in collaboration with Service Owners and Stakeholders, to develop enterprise level strategies and enterprise level guiding principles
- Lead architecture in the maturing the process alignment with customers and partners such as with the business portfolios, PMO, Infosec, ITSM, Architecture.
- Collaborate with the architecture community on architectural topics for communicating and publishing out to the broader IT teams. This includes different forums, newsletters, EA sites/repositories/artifacts.
- Participate in or lead key IT technology strategies in the architect role.
- Champion approved architecture strategies that align solution designs to the target enterprise architecture.
- Stay current with retail industry and technology industry trends and emerging architectures.
- Recommend and influence new and improved architecture best practices and processes.
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the field of Information Technology and related enterprise level architecture experience.
- 5+ years in an Enterprise Architecture capacity is desired. Preference is given to experience in the Retail Industry and/or a large company.
- Demonstrated experience in setting or influencing company-wide strategic architecture/technical direction.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of architecture practices.
- Demonstrated ability to model, architect, and specify enterprise-level services.
- Experienced user of enterprise architecture repositories and meta-modeling. Preference given to Planview Troux.
- Experienced user of enterprise architecture methodologies and frameworks such as TOGAF.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to effectively operate with C-Level executives.
- Ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts in verbal, written, and visual forms.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones.
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products.
- Excellent understanding of cloud services architecture, including for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Excellent understanding of cloud computing implementations on public clouds such as Azure or Google clouds
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000759121806&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???