Senior Engineer (Java focus, remote available)
Job ID: 2021-30128
Category: Engineering & Technology
RobustWealth is a fast-paced wealth management company that is changing the way investment advisors, banks, and enterprises are doing business. Our platform seamlessly integrates an array of previously modular features into one suite to optimize investing and wealth management practices. We are seeking a motivated, upbeat and experienced Senior Engineer with an aptitude for mentoring and passion for maturing modern software engineering practices! As a Java backend developer with Spring Boot and database development experience, you will help develop and support cloud-based services as a backend to several front-end SPA applications as well as designing and implementing solutions using cloud resources to achieve product requirements. The ideal developer will have experience building AWS cloud solutions involving Spring Boot based services.
Here are some of the things you will do:
- Impact analysis, design, and development for projects individually
- Handle established SDLC processes
- Recommend changes to improve established development processes
- Find opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications
- Build holistic understanding of applications & underlying domain being supported
- Ensure high quality of products being delivered
- Participate in cross functional projects & initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, technology, engineering or math-related field and 5+ years work experience
- Proven experience as an IT professional
- Java 8 or higher with Spring / SpringBoot and RESTful Web Services (must have hands-on experience building backend and middle-tier services using Java technologies)
- Hands-on with MySQL and/or other RDBMS (must have hands on experience writing SQL queries and with database design)
- Proven leadership and presentation skills required with the ability to train junior team members
- Advanced planning, organizational, problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and communication skills required
- Strong technical skills using popular and common Java/Microservices patterns
- Understands the concept of ownership and fully completing tasks
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Standout colleague and have proven technical writing skills
- Eager to learn and grow technical and other skills
- Microservices Design Patterns
Willing to consider remote candidates.
How we hire:
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, youll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, youll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why were an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers-principal.icims.com/jobs/30128/senior-engineer-%28java-focus%2c-remote-available%29/job?in_iframe=1