This ad is expired.
Senior CAD/GIS Analyst, Facilities Information Systems (FIS)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
MIT Campus Planning seeks a senior CAD/analyst to collaborate on developing and maintaining campus utility distribution plans and MIT's land-based data. Will work toward the conversion of MIT's CAD-based distribution plans into GIS for the campus utility system.
- Develop mapping products, web services, and an asset management system
- Research and gather information, including record drawings, construction drawings, as-built, survey information, specifications, and sketches
- Analyze and publish graphical and tabular land-based maps and reports
- Work with City of Cambridge staff and project surveyors as it relates to land-based and underground surveys
- Maintain GIS and other land-based geo-databases, including cadastral and campus base map information
- Perform QC checks of spatial data, web maps, and geo-based applications
- Participate in geodata repository data evaluations, metadata creation/updates, and data loading and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's degree in geography, regional planning, natural resources, engineering, or related discipline
- Three years' experience in a utilities environment
- Expert-level knowledge of Esri software (i.e., ArcGIS Desktop,Pro, Online/Portal) and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of utility geodatabase models
- Proficiency with programming and scripting languages (e.g., Python, model builder FME)
- Ability to gather information from design and construction documents, as-built files, and archived files
- Ability to geo-reference survey CAD files
- General understanding of surveying methods
- Excellent overall computer skills
- Understanding of design and construction processes
- Ability to communicate to a variety of internal/external project teams, work as part of a team, and independently resolve complex problems and consult with others as necessary
- Experience in a higher education utilities setting
- Experience with GPS
- Knowledge of document management systems in a production environment
Interested candidates may apply online at https://hr.mit.edu/careers. Please reference job number 19047.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency