Senior Architect - ML Platform
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Enterprise Data & Analytics team at Albertsons Companies is looking for an experienced Machine Learning Platform Architect to work for one of the most transformational food and drug retailers in the United States. Albertsons operates over 2,300 stores under 19 well-known banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen and Carrs. The company reported revenue of over $60 billion from over 34 million weekly shoppers and is the third largest private company in the country.
We have an opening for a Senior Architect, Machine Learning Platform within the Enterprise Data & Analytics team. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Enterprise Data & Analytics team at Albertsons inspires to build best in class customer experiences and revolutionize the food and drug retail industry. We are looking for people who are excited in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of AI and digital technologies. The Data Integration team uses a decoupled and near real time data integration paradigm to make data and Machine learning platform available for data to improve store operations, to optimize supply chain and to proactively improve product lifecycle.
You will be responsible for architecting Albertson's next generation Machine Learning Platform ensuring cutting edge practices and advanced platform capabilities. The candidate will have a background in computer science or a related technical field with experiences working with high volume, message-based data integration technologies. A successful candidate will be both technically strong and business savvy, with a passion to make an impact through creative storytelling and timely actions. You are a self-starter, smart yet humble, with a bias for action.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, architect, design and develop secure, scalable, high-performance and reliable and cost effective Machine Learning platform software and services.
- Provide technical leadership in Machine Learning practices. Partner with architecture, Infosec, and development teams across the entire enterprise to establish a strong relationship and trust for prioritizing and delivering projects on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Establish patterns for re-use, standards and best practices for Machine Learning such that data timeliness and quality are maximized.
- Partner with the Audit, Compliance and Governance leaders to ensure data is secured and conforms to the guidelines laid out by the organization and the industry.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to deliver large scale strategic projects as well as ongoing operational activities related to Machine Learning Platform. Interface with cross functional leaders and represent point of views to drive measurable success.
- Drive meetings and lead discussions. Prioritize projects across the team and allocate resources to meet business and team goals.
- Bachelor's or Master's in computer engineering, computer science or related area.
- 5+ years of experience in architecting and building Big Data and ML products or platforms software
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in productionizing and deploying Big Data platforms and applications. Hands-on experience working with: Relational/SQL, distributed columnar data stores/NoSQL databases (MongoDB or Cassandra), graph databases, timeseries databases, HDFS, HBase, Map Reduce, NiFi, Spark streaming, Kafka, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, Oozie, Avro, and more
- 2+ years of experience on Azure cloud platforms, including container platforms (Dockets/Kubernetes). Google Cloud Platform fluency will be a bonus.
- Lead ambiguous and complex situations to clear measurable plans
- Skilled at managing cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different audiences.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000781934006&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???