This ad is expired.
Senior Application Security Engineer
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, Pleasanton, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
We're looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer, reporting to the Director of Security Testing & Assessment, to define and implement our application security capabilities in collaboration with our Security Architecture & Engineering team, DevOps teams, Portfolio InfoSec Officers, and application owners.
This position is based at an Albertsons office (Pleasanton CA, Boise ID, Phoenix AZ, Dallas TX) or remote in an Albertsons market area.
Why we are hiring this role:
As part of the larger security team, we are helping product teams build secure software for both external and internal customers. We do this by being involved in design for larger features, reviewing code, developing threat models, and leading security initiatives.
- Be the appsec SME that can game out more complex appsec puzzles like CORS policies or complex auth flows
- Run and tune appsec tools and triage their results
- Research and introduce security best practices and new technologies from the industry
- Build in deploy security tools (paid or OSS as appropriate)
- Build and deploy security solutions that are identified as an enterprise need
- Lead application security initiatives including baking in security automation into CI/CD, improving our code analysis capabilities, and so on
- Add security to the software development lifecycle in an Agile shop
- Be a security advocate and drive the message that security is everyone's responsibility
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of experience working in application security
- Previously been a coder with background in one or more of Android, iOS, Java (Spring), Angular, Node, React
- Have strong opinions about building APIs and how to test their security
- Breadth and depth of application security knowledge
- Experience in web application and mobile pentesting
- A deep grasp on the importance of baking security into the CI/CD versus bolting it on
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments (Azure or GCP) and how to secure and ensure interoperability in a multi-cloud environment
You will be successful:
- If you thrive with complex problems and can untangle and identify key wins that drive effective delivery.
- By tackling problems quickly, iteratively, and through experimentation with the goal to deliver effective solutions quickly.
- If you don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
- By acting with integrity, developing trust, and holding all of us to high standards.
- If you listen hard, think clearly, and act decisively.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000753608506&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???