Senior Android Mobile Application Developer
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Android Mobile Applications Developer This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for product development initiatives, technology strategy, and architecture in the exciting world of eCommerce Order Management. In this role, you will be a part of the team that is responsible for building mobile applications utilizing modern design patterns that will allow for seamless mobile user experience with the rich set of functionalities.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership, architecture & design of the solution, analysis & defining success criteria of the release, release planning, epic breakdown and technical task creation in the backlog, backlog grooming and managing the sprint.
- Hands-on contributor with experience in coding the framework on which other application developers and teams can build on.
- Provide direction and support to the Delivery/Development teams to ensure adherence with the architectural direction, determine implications of any deviations, and agree on any deviations as needed.
- Responsible for designing and developing innovative features.
- Work on full stack mobile development, lead feature, and contribute/publish open source libraries.
- Design and implement new mobile applications and features including visualization aspects and server interactions & contracts.
- Prototype new innovative features with the newest APIs and SDKs on Android platform.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to raising the quality of our products.
- Support the applications in Production environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- 6+ years of experience in developing native android applications
- Expert in Object Oriented Design, Kotlin/Java and the Android Platform
- Good knowledge of tools/libraries like; Gradle, Dagger, Espresso, JUnit, RxJava, okhttp
- Knowledge of the general android landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Proven experience leading and mentoring other engineers and junior software developers on disparate projects
- Proven track record of leading high performing product development teams.
- Involvement in the full software development life cycle with stringent needs on time to market, & quality of product
- Practical & proven experience working on huge transaction processing-based software products
- Work with distributed team in highly collaborative environment
- Strong communication and technical skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Strong ability to debug application issues in Production and be able to reduce MTTR and MTTD
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000654900106&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???