Security Encryption Engineer
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
We're looking for a Security Encryption Engineer, reporting to the Director of Security Architecture & Engineering, to define and implement our encryption security capabilities in collaboration with our Security Architecture & Engineering team, DevOps teams, Portfolio InfoSec Officers, and application owners.
This position is based at an Albertsons office (Pleasanton CA, Boise ID, Phoenix AZ, Dallas TX) or remote in an Albertsons market area.
Why we are hiring this role:
As part of the larger security team, we are helping product teams build secure software for both external and internal customers. We do this by being involved in design of the PKI, encryption technology and processes, and by offer SME guidance to the business.
- Lead the research, analysis, design, testing, implementation, administration, and lifecycle management of enterprise security engineering solutions to meet business requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation, development, implementation, and communication of encryption standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environments.
- Evaluate and execute cross-functional security initiatives across the enterprise.
- Evaluation of new and existing encryption technologies.
- Build relationships with corporate technology experts and business leaders.
- Provide technical expertise and support to clients, IT management and staff in the implementation of security/protection technologies and network systems/applications.
- Act as a security expert resource (SME) to clients, management, and staff in all phases of the development and implementation of projects.
- May lead projects and provide guidance/training to less experienced staff.
- Provide strategic security analytics metrics and reports.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Information Security or BS/MS and relevant experience in Information Security or relevant work experience.
- 8+ years of technical experience in the security aspects of multiple platforms, encryption services operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Current SANS, ISC2, CISSP, CCSP and/or other security certifications preferred.
- Working experience of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems, databases and its security and encryption capabilities.
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply advanced and emerging technical security principles, theories, and concepts.
- Exceptional analytical ability, communication and project management skills, documentation and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff, vendors and consultants.
- Understanding of Information Security Architecture and Engineering with experience in planning and execution of security projects
- Knowledge of the latest technology trends in Cryptography and Information Security
- Experience in Symmetric/Asymmetric Cryptography, Key Management, PKI
- Experience with Cryptography and data encryption products (such as Protegrity, Voltage, etc.)
- 3 -- 5 years' experience in Cloud Security and encryption (Azure, OCI, Google Cloud)
You will be successful:
- If you thrive with complex problems and can untangle and identify key wins that drive effective delivery.
- By tackling problems quickly, iteratively, and through experimentation with the goal to deliver effective solutions quickly.
- If you don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
- By acting with integrity, developing trust, and holding all of us to high standards.
- If you listen hard, think clearly, and act decisively.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000753623706&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???