Program Manager II - Air Force Product Line
Sierra Nevada Corporation
Are you passionate about program management and looking for your next career move into a collaborative and supportive cross-functional environment? We have a great opportunity for you! As a Program Manager II, you will be driving the business operations at SNC through your skills and expertise. You will be responsible for all programmatic aspects of your assigned projects with specifically focused responsibility for customer relationship, cost, schedule and technical planning, tracking and reporting, technical execution, and ensuring overall program performance objectives are achieved. You will be crucial in business resource planning/tracking in coordination with other corporate entities and responsible to formulate a team that can fulfill program requirements. You will be the driver in ensuring program issues and problems are identified, tracked, and resolved and the success of SNC's program. You will be responsible for program risk management and ensuring risks are identified, mitigated, tracked, and managed. You'll be responsible for conducting routine meetings, interfacing on project/program status, developing proposals, researching/fact-finding, coordinating audits, and negotiating with project/program stakeholders to ensure enterprise initiatives meet cost, budget, and schedule constraints. You'll support the program director and Business Operations in fulfilling their responsibilities.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains - air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
- Proactively manage cost, schedule and performance on various AF PL Programs
- Coordinate and collaborate with Customers, SNC stakeholders, team members, and leadership
- Conduct resource coordination and planning throughout program life-cycles
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS)
- Working knowledge of Program Management Institute Program Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Managing projects using Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), agile and or spiral development models
- Managing projects requiring Earned Value Management
- Understanding with application tools and data architectures
- Ability to reinforce the usage & application of Corporate PM tools.
- Ability to lead PM process & tool improvement for the Enterprise.
- Ability to keep program management informed of function & process changes within project controls.
- Ability to enhance program management expertise in the staff
- Ability to establish centralized, coordinating body for PM concerns, recommendations, & issues; developing recommended process improvements; facilitating opportunities with Enterprise Program Finance
- Ability to establish new & further refining existing templates, tools, & guidelines for program documentation & execution
- Experience with ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and ISO 9001:2000 Policies and Processes
- Bachelor's degree in Business or technical related discipline
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Proficient leadership abilities inclusive of successful change management, mentoring, career development, training, succession planning, holding people accountable, and conducting yearly reviews
- Requires ability to manage complex situations, delegate authority, lead and inspire your team, drive innovative thinking, instill collaboration, drive for success, challenge status quo, and demonstrate the ability to adapt to dynamic situations
- Experience in team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines.
- Experience with the evaluation of requests for proposals and/or quotes. Experience with preparing, reviewing, and submitting proposals and/or quotes.
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Typically 6-8 years of relevant leadership and/or project management experience desired
- Prior military experience or government civilian experience is desired
- Experience leading personnel and teams, especially multi-disciplinary design/development/engineering teams or programs
- Strong communications skills, especially in relation to communicating with program management, customers, stakeholders and engineers
- Familiarity with preparation and development of proposals and contract performance activities, including project estimates, technical proposals, and program cost and schedule management, CDRLs, MS Project, risk management, resourcing/staffing
- Past history of leading baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of highly integrated trade studies and analysis of alternative
- Professional Certification in Program Management International (PMI) and/or Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to our mission is to safeguard our freedom and inspire the next generation to make a lasting impact on humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.
To apply, please visit: https://snc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SNC_External_Career_Site/job/Beavercreek-OH/Program-Manager-II---Air-Force-Product-Line_R0019906
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Owned by Chairwoman and President Eren Ozmen and CEO Fatih Ozmen, Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is a trusted leader in solving the world's toughest challenges through best-of-breed, open architecture engineering in Space Systems, Commercial Solutions, and National Security and Defense. For nearly 60 years, SNC has delivered state-of-the-art civil, military and commercial solutions to customers worldwide, including more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components. SNC has participated in more than 450 missions to space, including to Mars, and is recognized among The Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space. SNC is also a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force and is the only aerospace and defense firm selected as a 2020 US Best Managed Company.
From engineers and scientists to cybersecurity experts and software developers, SNC's workforce of nearly 5,000 dreams, innovates, inspires and empowers the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination.
Please visit www.sncorp.com to learn more about SNC, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, SNC Is required to comply with protocols. SNC aligns its COVID requirements, including mandatory vaccine requirements for employees, based on the status of applicable court orders and injunctions. SNC will take no action to implement the requirements in locations subject to a court order prohibiting the enforcement of Executive Order 14042 protocols. The status of these protocols are subject to change depending on the course of ongoing litigation, and candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID vaccination or have an approved exemption.