Product Software Engineer
- This is an exciting opportunity to join our team in the role of Product Software Engineer. You will begin your career in an Engineering team that will give you a fast-paced and varied opportunity to contribute, learn best practices, and quickly appreciate the many opportunities and directions for software engineering. You will immediately get exposure to a variety of our products, development teams, tools, and processes. As a part of the team, you will participate in the software creation, the definition and assessment of the development time, the development itself and the integration stages. You are expected to be detail oriented in understanding the specifications, the quality of the code and the integration tests.
- Collaborate with developers, testers, and other team members to gain a comprehensive understanding of new and existing products and features.
- Maintain, enhance, and extend customer facing applications.
- Leverage your self-starter instincts and capabilities to discover opportunities to contribute to development activities.
- Triage, troubleshoot, quantify, and resolve Level 3 incidents and work with the Customer Support, Development and Product Management organizations.
- Recognize patterns of issues and potential root causes, and advocate for investigation and/or holistic fixes.
- Examine operational activities and technology debt scenarios that would benefit from new ideas or automation to reduce toil that results in inefficiency and errors. Advocate for approaches that drive quality and productivity.
- Operate within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies in software development.
Experience & Characteristics
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent science or technology related field
- 2+ years of experience in programming, including knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, .NET.
- Committed, engaged, self-motivated, decisive, adaptable
- Strong analytical and debugging skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment with cross-cultural teams
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to build positive working relationships
- Good judgment, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, and a finely tuned balance of technical purity and pragmatism
Nice To Have
- Exposure to technologies such as: Objective-C, OOD, Docker, JSON, MongoDB, ExpressJS
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL and Big Data technologies
- Experience with SDLC tools like Jira, GIT, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven,
- Experience with API design and REST principles is a plus
- Experience with Frontend Framework like React or Vue
- Experience with Reactive Programming and rxjs
- Experience with State Management Libraries like ngrx or Redux
- Experience with npm and Node
- Experience with SOLID, Clean Code Principles and TDD using libraries such as: Junit/Mockito or Karma/Jasmine/Cypress
- Experience with SDLC tools like Jira, GIT, WebStorm
To apply, visit https://wk.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/external/job/USA---Cary-NC/Product-Software-Engineer_R0022835?source=witi