Product Owner -Google Cloud Platform
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
Albertsons' Technology organization is looking for a Google Cloud Platform Product Owner (PO) to join our Cloud and Operations team in Pleasanton, CA.
At Albertsons, we believe building an amazing customer experience is rooted in a deep understanding of modern software operators and developers who are building the world's most amazing applications and world class infrastructure services. As PO of Google Cloud Platform you will be responsible for full lifecycle product management.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who has a good balance of technical skills, keen product sense, and an understanding of how teams deliver the most incredible products for their customers. As part of the corporate infrastructure team, we don't just build a product, we build a community. You'll need to be comfortable leading the development of your roadmap, intake of feature requests, along with any issues.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong technical/ operations foundation, be an effective manager and an inspiring leader. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter with strong communication, leadership and organizational skills
As the GCP PO you will own the strategy, define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. This is a dynamic role for someone who is a strategic thinker who can turn planning into great product experiences.
The GCP PO is the main interface with customers within the Portfolio organizations. The GCP PO is responsible for delivering on the end-to-end product vision (fully functional, scalable & secure, secure from the start and frictionless) for the Google Cloud Platform that is being setup in Albertsons. Additional characteristics of the role:
- Highly visible role requiring the ability to work closely with internal customers; internal customer experience is a critical part of this role -- acts as a strategic partner; influences senior leaders across the organization to drive product roadmaps and backlogs
- Owns firmwide product vision and internal customer satisfaction; The GCP PO is responsible for Product Strategy, investment management, multi-year planning and market/product analysis
- Responsible for enabling the smooth delivery of products and platforms (Attractive Destinations) throughout the delivery lifecycle removing impediments and blockers slowing down the flow of delivery
- Plays important role in developing a collaborative, innovative culture with the Product Manager; A proven leader who manages teams comprised of Sub-Products and Product Advisory Groups.
- The Product Owner has direct accountability for Product backlog prioritization, delivery management and financial budgeting.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Continuously improves product offerings through a deep understanding of business needs and a close collaborative environment with our internal technical customers:
- Launches product features aligned to internal customer journeys, both from a discovery of our teams needs to deployment, utilization and Integrated Toolchain / pipeline operations
- Engages with key stakeholders to identify requirements, defining product features, and working closely with development teams to get those features in the hands of the customers
- Builds and leverages relationships across the organization to deliver innovative products and features
- Acts as the primary point of contact for all aspects of the Product, Roadmap and Lifecycle -- Acts as the voice of the customer (VOC); Is the final authority on product requirements.
- Identifies market need, interfacing with internal customers as needed to define the scope and position of the product; oversees competitive research and technology assessments
- Works with Product marketing to drive awareness and adoption of the Product
- Creates and maintains the product roadmap, strategy, inclusive of cost, investment and overall benefit realization
- Provides strategic leadership to the team by creating the overall strategic vision for the product that includes internal "Open Source" options to increase capacity by federating development when required.
- Defines, represents and communicates product strategy that is in-line with business long-term goals and objectives; delivers unique value
- Delivers business impact through a variety of metrics, including product adoption, expansion conversion and usage
- Helps lead and mentor the team; interview, hire and train resources. Contributes to performance management/appraisal processes
- Proven leader who creates and cultivates diverse teams (comprised of software engineers, infrastructure engineers, security and architecture)
- Manages and leads across all job families associate with the product
- Demonstrates inclusive leadership; effectively coaching for high impact performance and personal career development; Acts as a role model, is principle based and drives for a constant pursuit of excellence.
- Provides cross-functional leadership and bridges organization gaps between different functional groups.
- 3+ years of Google Cloud Platform Product Management experience and leading cross-functional software projects
- 3+ years of experience with software and working with application lifecycle management tools, and popular product management frameworks and tools
- End-to-end product lifecycle management - strong experience in product management focused on technology products is an advantage
- Experience in scaling a diverse, dynamic and fast-growing technology team
- Experience in leadership and/or management, ideally in a Retail organization
- Proven experience of building strong, cohesive partnerships with internal technology customer
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a track record for delivery results in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient knowledge of product management techniques (product roadmap development, feature team planning, agile methodology), web services, online technologies and user interface design
- Proven ability to develop and nurture a product strategy -- with direct experience in strategic planning, product management practices, and organizational, operational and/or technical change; Possess and up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends and emerging technology and innovation
- Knowledge and experience in developer tools, operational tools, and/or application management tools, including monitoring tools, build, continuous delivery (CI/CD), infrastructure as code, tools
- Strong understanding of DevOps with an understanding of how modern software is built, packaged, and deployed
- Strong knowledge of Agile fundamentals, theory, and practical experience from a product management/product owner perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to drive requirement definition and solution design sessions, working closely with stakeholders across the entire organization and with developers
- Capability of identifying technical impacts, recommend best-practices and/or alternate approaches, and provide timeline estimates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the team in open forums, to peers, and with senior executives.
- Proven customer skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying customers' feature requests in order to identify the most important problems we could solve for.
- Understanding of Investment decisioning process, business case development, cost and recovery models
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player, but has the ability to lead projects independently with little guidance
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis
- Ability to collaborate with senior leaders across business units and functions using data in order to gain alignment on groundbreaking corporate initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions.
- Excellent leadership, partnership and collaboration skills.
- Expert understanding of business value drivers with some understanding of a broader business context
- Strong understanding of investment decisioning process, business case development, cost and recovery models
- Experience in working with open-source projects
- Prior experience with developer platforms
- Experience with Azure and GCP
- Experience in the Retail space
- Experience with product management tools (road mapping, mocks, wireframes, project management, Git tools, UI/UX tools)
- Experience with managing software development cycles implementing agile methodologies
- Worked with at least 2 different medium size engineering teams
- Can demonstrate and articulate past product decisions, product architecture and conflict management examples.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful
relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000743204006&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???