Principal Attack Surface Security Engineer
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, Pleasanton, California 94588
About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw's and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
The primary goal of this role is to implement an attack surface management inventory using current commercial off the shelf products.
In this role, as an attack surface security engineer you will lead conversations with our Portfolio Information Security Officers and their Portfolios to drive, determine, and continuously improve our inventory of our attack surface. In addition, you will lead efforts to integrate our attack surface inventory to other key reporting and risk assessment activities like vulnerability management reporting and change and incident management. This position is based at an Albertsons office (Pleasanton CA, Boise ID, Phoenix AZ, Dallas TX) or remote in an Albertsons market area.
- Own implementation of an Attack Surface Management tool. Examples include Axonius, Armis & Panaseer.
- Continuously assess the quality of the attack surface inventory, and identify opportunities to leverage this dataset to meet security and other objectives at Albertsons
- Communicate state of attack surface to leadership.
What we are searching for
- Minimum 5 years of experience in security engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience implementing an Attack Surface Management tool
- Prior experience in a multi/hybrid cloud environment (especially Azure and/or GCP).
- Ability to produce concise and quality technical documentation.
- General understanding of cybersecurity standards.
We believe the successful candidate has these qualifications and experience:
- If you thrive with complex problems and can untangle and identify key wins that drive effective delivery.
- By tackling problems quickly, iteratively, and through experimentation with the goal to deliver effective solutions quickly.
- If you don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
- If you can influence without authority and collaborate effectively across multiple business groups with clear intent.
- If you exercise judgment, decision making skills, and work well with deadlines.
- By acting with integrity, developing trust, and holding all of us to high standards.
- If you listen hard, think clearly, and act decisively.
What it is like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000798740406&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???