This ad is expired.
Planter Embedded Software Engineer
CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company. Driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground, which centers on Innovation, Sustainability and Productivity, the Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its five core Brands: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and STEYR, supplying 360 agriculture applications from machines to implements and the digital technologies that enhance them; and CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment delivering a full lineup of construction products that make the industry more productive. Across a history spanning over two centuries, CNH Industrial has always been a pioneer in its sectors and continues to passionately innovate and drive customer efficiency and success, driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial's 35,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our Agricultural Product Development organization. This is an opportunity to develop and implement electro-hydraulic control and monitoring systems on agricultural equipment for the crop production product lines, including Seeders, Planters, Sprayers and Soil Management equipment.
As a Software Engineer, you will research, design, and develop Embedded Electrical and Mechanical Systems for Agriculture machines using C, C++, and Model Based Design tools and processes.
- Design, develop, debug and unit test C/C++ source code and/or Model Base Software for embedded controllers per given requirements and specifications while applying best practice and methodologies
- Design control strategies and algorithms for complex systems (Electro Hydraulic, Electro-Mechanical)
- Manage the interaction between complex subsystems and their related calibrations to ensure system performance and robustness is optimized
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, and diagrams to support problem analysis
- Contribute to software and system verification activity and related problem solving
- Support Product Validation engineers as they conduct functional and performance testing
Position Pays $97,000 to $139,000 (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.)
Required Qualifications Include:
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechatronics Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with Embedded Software design using C/C++ programming language
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Experience with C/C++ programming language, Model Based Software Design using Mathworks MATLAB/Simulink and Stateflow, automatic code generation tools (TargetLink), and other relevant development design tools
- Experience using Vector CAN tools including CANalyzer
- Experience developing embedded software on agricultural or off-highway mobile equipment
- Experience with complete electronic vehicle systems architecture and software
- Good working knowledge of electronic components and communication protocols (CAN, J1939, ISOBUS)
- Demonstrated technical leadership and organization skills
- Experience designing and operating agricultural equipment
- Proficiency in completion of multiple small to large projects from conception to product release
- Experience in a strong cross-functional team environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
CNH Industrial offers a wide variety of benefits that not only encourages wellness and preventive care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, flexible work policies, opportunities for self-development and paid leave for specific activities.
To apply, visit https://careers-cnhind.icims.com/jobs/22231/planter-embedded-software-engineer/job?in_iframe=1