Photo Equipment Engineer
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
SAS is focused on being the World's Best Foundry product supplier.
Role and Responsibilities
- Photo lithography TEL Track/spinner Equipment Tool Owner.
- Basic understanding of TEL toolset with weekly analysis of tool performance data including tool availability, mean time to repair, mean time between failures, wafers per day, system particle trends, internal process chemical performance trends, inline photo pattern wafer defect of interest trends, tool yield trends and similar metrics for assigned equipment.
- Coordinate resources and maintenance activities to provide optimum manufacturing support on assigned equipment.
- Drive abnormal equipment down and atypical tool recovery efforts with hands on engineering and maintenance activities.
- Coordinate equipment installation/de-installation projects as required.
- Assist other team members and other engineering groups when possible to help meet production goals.
- Innovate & implement new techniques and systems, to improve defects, reduce cost, reduce stop loss, and improve overall tool quality and wafer outputs.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and provide technical solutions to equipment related yield problems.
- Support new device introduction and technology transfer from sister factories.
- Understand concepts of cost of ownership, be able to make these costs visible, and to provide direction to the team for improvement.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in engineering field.
- Requires 1-4+ years of related experience.
- Systematic Problem Solving using flow charts, fishbone diagrams, 5 whys method and Kepner Tregoe decision matrix.
- The ability to identify complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Experience working on any semiconductor equipment, large machinery, or HVAC.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate solution.
- Time Management: Schedules and prioritizes time and activities to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
- Coordination: Gets members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks
- Teamwork and Communication: Works well in a team environment and effectively communicates throughout the department and organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and work ethic.
- Proficient with data analysis tools, such as complex spreadsheets
- Able to learn concepts quickly and provide training for technicians on all shifts as needed.
- Technical capability in both mechanical and electrical systems.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work well within a team or independently under minimal supervision as conditions require.
- Familiarity with SPC, FMEA, and standard engineering practices.
- Proficiency in HVAC systems can replace many other skills listed above.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969, Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the worlds leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at (https://news.samsung.com/global/).