Infosys is seeking Oracle Core DBA with Experience in implementing and supporting Oracle Databases. The position will primarily be responsible to lead team of Oracle DBA for assessment, design, Installation, setup, administration and management of Oracle Databases and provide DBA support for implementation and testing activities and provide strategic guidance to teams and client in ways that promote the company's culture through bringing in right expertise, values and best practices.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent technical expert in Apps DBA and will have experience in managing technical staff to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics. The goal is to ensure that all projects deliver the desirable outcome to our organization.
- Candidate maybe located Anywhere within the US. Must be willing to travel to the client site on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent, will consider work experience in lieu of a degree
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency required; we are not able to sponsor at this time.
- 4+ years of Information Technology experience
- In depth knowledge of Oracle Database and Administration in multi node setup (RAC) for very large database
- Oracle Core DBA will be responsible for installation, configuration, upgrading, administrating, monitoring, troubleshooting, refresh, Patching, Backup and restore of Oracle Databases and support Project work. Would be responsible for reviewing databases, identify performance bottlenecks and fixing those.
- Good knowledge in Oracle database architecture and components.
- Experience in all routine DBA tasks including health checks, troubleshooting issues and installations.
- Install, manage and support of very large databases running in multimode setup using RAC
- Good knowledge of PLSQL, and SQL
- Knowledge of traces, tkprof, analyze AWR, ADDM reports and find poorly performing SQL.sql, profiling, rewrite poorly performing SQL.
- Knowledge of Configurations, job scheduling in databases and tools like OEM, archiving and purging of Databases
- Knowledge of oracle database wait events, Database and Application parameters
- Day to day activities include capacity management, backups, restore procedures and monitoring of performance
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
- DB Refresh of Non-Production from PROD.
- Coordinate with Infra team on daily basis for seamless implementation and day to day management of Oracle Databases
- Good knowledge of OEM
- Working experience in Oracle 11g, 12c and 19c versions of database and multitenant (CDB/PDB) configurations
- Experience in OEM like installing Agents, configuring targets and thresholds
- RMAN Backup and recovery
The job may entail extensive travel. The job may also entail sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Candidates should be able to effectively communicate by telephone, email, and face to face.
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to navigate their digital transformation. With over four decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
Visit www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY) can help your enterprise navigate your next.