- Material Planner
- Go to our website »
CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company dedicated to advancing the noble work of agriculture and construction workers. Driven by our shared purpose of Breaking New Ground, we are passionate about bringing Innovation, Sustainability, and Productivity to all that we do. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial's 37,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world through our core brands: Case IH, STEYR, New Holland Agriculture, CASE, and New Holland Construction.
As part of the Material Planning team, this position schedules required parts and materials with vendors and follows up accordingly to meet production and shipping schedules while maintaining accurate and minimum inventory levels. They will also collaborate with customers, suppliers, and other CNH Industrial plants to ensure timely availability of parts and services.
- Gather and analyze data on assigned purchased parts and forward requirements to suppliers to ensure accurate and timely delivery of parts to meet production schedules while meeting or exceeding goals for inventory levels and inbound freight cost targets.
- Identify, assist and resolve issues related to delivery performance problems to reduce late purchased parts and subsequent production down time.
- Resolve part planning issues to satisfy customer demand, plant efficiency, inventory and freight
- Maintain communications with suppliers to identify late or short deliveries to enable alternate action to be taken and to provide updates to manufacturing personnel.
- Maintain open communications with internal and external customers to keep informed of late deliveries and potential quality problems.
- Develop or assist with contingency plans for late deliveries to enable realistic delivery dates to be transmitted to production for workforce and shipping requirements.
- Contact potential suppliers on new parts for estimated delivery to ensure parts availability to meet production and shipping objectives; monitor planning of purchased parts to ensure requirements are satisfied.
- Analyze trends and keep management informed of action to improve supplier performance.
- To monitor lead times of purchased parts by supplier and to inform management when lead times move out of acceptable and expected time frames.
- Order and expedite parts that are inside the normal lead time to support short lead time additions to the production schedule.
- Focus on process improvement opportunities in assigned areas as it relates to planning, material movement, and inventory investment.
- To work with various departments to ensure timely execution of new product launches.
The annual salary for this role is $65,000 - $94,000 plus any applicable bonus (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.)
The Qualified Candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in business, logistics, inventory management, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. A combination of education and experience will be reviewed for equivalency.
The ideal Candidate will have:
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Previous experience in material planning, inventory management, purchasing, or a related position.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems, production control activities, production and inventory management processes will be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
CNH Industrial offers a wide variety of benefits that not only encourages wellness and preventative care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, flexible work policies, opportunities for self-development and paid leave for specific activities. Click here for more information!
To apply, visit https://careers-cnhind.icims.com/jobs/23836/material-planner/job?in_iframe=1