Material Management Technician
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive.
Since 1996, its parent company, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd has invested approximately $17 billion in Samsung Austin Semiconductor's Austin, Texas campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a premier employer who provides a great place to work, as well as advanced and upskilled training to thriving employees. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor strives to be the World's Best Foundry.
Provide support for the Material Management section of Logistics, responsible for maintaining and ensuring the supply of chemicals, gases, and slurries onsite. The Material Management Technician is responsible for assisting the logistics Material Management Supervisor in maintaining and ensuring the continuous supply of chemicals, gases, and slurries on site. The Material Management Technician will submit and monitors orders, provides reports to department leadership, file paperwork, and updates trackers. Reports directly to Logistics Material Management Supervisor. Specific emphasis on the logistical movement of raw materials. Ensures systems SAP and other SAS systems accurately reflect material status to sustain production. Supply chain logistics analysis and lean Six Sigma processes are essential to this position. Analyzes processes, provides oversight and technical expertise for logistical operations and supply chain KPI tracking. Coordinates with numerous departments, third party vendors, and indirect contractors. Candidate must possess a proven track record of successfully developing logistics processes and functions in a fast-paced and growing environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Good understanding of supply chain management principles and ability to apply statistical and quantitative methods to optimize inventory.
- Establishes metrics and KPIs to monitor success.
- Creates and produces a series of reports on daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Performs causative research and documents discrepancies using all available resources to identify root causes and offer possible solutions for inventory discrepancies.
- Assists with inventory accuracy for Raw materials by conducting and/or reviewing cycle counts, summarizing discrepancies, conducting system reconciliations and performing goods movements and transfers as needed.
- Provides oversight of logistics operations; technical subject matter expert for SOPs.
- Develops and refine workflows, business processes, SOPs, training materials, and system authority levels to promote both efficiency and quality. Identifies areas of improvement for raw material logistics.
- Exercise independent judgement when faced with ambiguity.
- Perform cost saving and efficiency projects to improve operations at SAS.
- Oversees the deliveries of specialized shipments.
- Coordinate and schedule raw material shipments to sustain target site levels and keep the Fab constantly supplied.
- Remain synchronized with end users' requirements.
- Monitor delivery to receipt with end user.
- Act quickly when disruption in raw materials flow (off site); liaison between Procurement and end user.
- Develop projects to refine and make lean systems and processes for current raw material support operations. Execute projects to specified timelines.
- Create and process Bills of Lading (BOL) for outbound shipments.
- Ensure compliance with security requirements and conduct independent inspection of finished goods prior to departure.
- Manage inventory stored on SAS through monitoring of minimum/maximum and cycle counts. Monitor usage and consumption and support forecasting of materials.
- Coordinate empty removal of gas and chemical containers with vendors.
- Place orders for and monitor automated ordering of chemicals, gases, and slurries on behalf of SAS and coordinates deliveries.
- Coordinate delivery (transfers) from SAS storage locations to point-of-use storage or individual requestor.
- Ensure empty removal of chemical and gas containers offsite.
- Use FIFO (first-in/first-out) procedure and adhere to SAS shelf-life policy for raw materials.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting of all chemical- and gas-related issues and problems.
- Liaise with SAS and other contractors or entities on site regarding operations.
- Oversee daily inventory rounds and update tracking charts.
- Coordinate driver operations as needed.
- Participate in audits and invoicing to ensure strict compliance and adherence to systems and accuracy of information.
- All other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Work days and hours: 1st-Shift, 8am to 5pm.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3+ years in Supply Chain required, with at least one year in inventory and supply chain management preferred.
- Military service and education in similar field may substitute for education and work experience.
- DoT HAZMAT Training, IATA HAZMAT Certification, IMDG Certification, a plus.
- Associate's degree in Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management, or Business related field is preferred.
- Intermediate Certification in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Advanced Excel data analysis skillspreferred.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills; effective communication.
- Ability to query and summarize large volumes of data and provide issue resolution to closure.
- Highly detail-oriented; delivers products as promised, on time.
- Ability to influence up, down, and across the organization.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; recognize third and fourth order effects of a catalyst event.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; recognize friction points and resolve delays in material delivery.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcoming challenges and achieving results.
- SAP Material Management a plus.
- Flexible and Team Oriented.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969, Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the worlds leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at (https://news.samsung.com/global/).