Learning Experience Designer
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locationsin Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahantare nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of on-campus and online formatslead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
Founded in 1922, the D'Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University offers a unique model of business education that purposely blends innovative classroom learning with real-world business application. At the undergraduate level, both the BS in Business Administration and the BS in International Business programs offer students the opportunity to develop into highly motivated business leaders. Graduate students and corporate learners can choose from several different certificate and full-time and part-time MBA and MS programs designed to enable motivated professionals to accelerate their success in business. The school is committed to embedding a global mindset into all of these programs, as well as in its research and outreach activities.
The D'Amore-McKim School of Business is looking for a highly-motivated and talented individual to fill the role of Learning Experience (LX) Designer. The LX Designer works as a member of the Instructional Design Group (IDG) and will embrace industry-aligned best practices for learning experience design for customized and evidence-based for-credit and non-credit learning objects, courses, and programs. Additionally, the LX Designer will be responsible providing quality assurance and program maintenance, customized faculty development and support, research and pilot-testing, and supervision of Learning Experience Design Assistants.
Master's degree in instructional design, distance learning, adult education, educational technology or a related field and/or a body of work that demonstrates similar competencies.
- Ability to lead and manage innovative and inclusive course and program design projects.
- Demonstrated experience in designing student learning objects, outcomes, and assessments across modalities.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting professional audiences and a demonstrated ability to develop a positive rapport with those audiences through professionalism and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive working knowledge of an LMS platform (Canvas preferred), multimedia development, lecture capture, graphic design, and project management software.
- Demonstrated ability to apply instructional design principles, learning theory, and educational technologies in the design and development of learning experiences.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic academic technology issues and work closely with internal and external stakeholders to complete institutional initiatives.
- Leadership abilities in training, mentoring, and supervising LX Assistants.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/507214