KRI Administrative Coordinator & Security Assistant
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locationsin Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahantare nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of on-campus and online formatslead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The KRI Administrative Coordinator & Security Assistant (AC & SA) will provide executive level support to the CEO of KRI, LLC and administrative support to the FSO and Security Office of the Kostas Research Institute. The role is located on the Innovation Campus in Burlington, MA (ICBM) and reports to the CEO of KRI, LLC. This individual will be responsible for managing the CEO's administrative needs to ensure that his time is effectively allocated and that he has the information/materials needed to advance the priorities of the university programs and assets for which he is responsible. The AC & SA will serve as a project manager for the CEO as assigned. Additionally, the AC & SA will perform diversified administrative, and operational duties supporting the FSO and Security Office and the Kostas Research Institute (KRI) facility.
The Administrative Coordinator & Security Administrator will provide a comprehensive range of safety, administrative, and organizational services to ensure smooth and efficient operations within the Kostas Building. This will include but is not limited to compiling the daily visitor list for the security desk at KRI, reception when meetings take place in the Kostas building, daily office operations, meeting & event planning, coordination of mail within the KRI building, communication and correspondence with other ICBM offices and with central university offices and departments and research partners at the Kostas facility, development of communications materials and data support.
The Administrative Coordinator & Security Administrator, with proper clearance level, would also serve as the security team member responsible for security administrative tasks, including DISS visit requests, working with closed area badging, and visitor management system protocols. This set of responsibilities will require an active security clearance and specialized knowledge of the security practices under the auspices of the National Industrial Security Program administered by the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) of the Department of Defense.
This position requires strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects and have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact successfully with high-level visitors both internal and external to the university. This individual must be self-motivated, able to manage workload independently, possess good time management skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office and have the ability to learn new software as needed. He/she must have the ability to work with confidential information using good judgment and discretion at all times.
CEO Administrative Duties:
- Manage calendar and coordinate high-level meetings. Manage high volume of demands for the CEO's time by prioritizing requests while demonstrating significant independent judgment in identifying and resolving potential conflicts
- Prepare agendas, meeting notes, and conduct research in a timely manner to ensure CEO is well-prepared for all meetings, events, and speaking engagements.
- Ensure CEO has all information and materials needed to support his responsibilities
- Preparation of communications on behalf of the CEO
- Travel planning and expense reporting in accordance with university protocols
KRI & Kostas Building Duties:
- Compile daily visitor lists for the KRI facility to support the security desk
- Event planning and execution within the Kostas Building including both large and small meetings and technical workshops
- Coordination of Monthly Lunch & Learn series for Early-stage partners
- Scheduling meeting rooms, coordinating with outside user groups, interface with facilities team for room logistics needs, facilitating with university, industry and government research partners at KRI, and coordination with security office to ensure all classified aspects of meetings are handled appropriately
- Establish and maintain KRI requests, files, and any databases
- Facilitate proper mail handling within the KRI facility
- Maintain the key management system for the KRI building
Security Protocol Processing (Security Clearance required)
- Closed Area Badging
- Escorting in closed areas
- Closed area open/close
- Maintain closed area visitor logs
- Assist FSO and the security team to meet DCSA requirements
- All Security responsibilities must follow the security practices of the National Industrial Security Program as administered by the Department of Defense
Commensurate with experience
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/507816