Info Security Sr Engineer (data loss prevention-DLP)
Job ID: 2021-29818
Category: Engineering & Technology
What you'll do:
Come join a team that is passionate about data security! You will have the opportunity to contribute to strategy by researching, recommending, architecting and helping implement security solutions and controls aimed at protecting our most sensitive data. Initial focus will be Data Loss Prevention and Insider Threat capabilities.
Here are few examples of the kinds of things you'll do :
- This position will work side-by-side security engineers and analysts passionate about protecting our confidential data, intellectual property and defending against insider risk.
- Establish data discovery, classification, tagging and content inspection solutions to help mitigate the risk of data loss, unauthorized use of or access to regulated or high value data and minimize the risks of data breaches.
- Recommend, architect and design solutions that ensure successful results and enable strategic data protection objectives.
- Define business and technical requirements for data loss and insider threat detection and prevention solutions.
- Assist with the development, testing and implementation of new data protection processes and procedures while ensure existing ones are kept accurate and up to date with constantly evolving methodologies and technologies.
- Work with solutions that improve data protection for SaaS/Paas/IaaS environments.
- Manage projects and initiatives to broaden security across the enterprise.
- Use Data and Analytics to influence investment and provide insightful information around the state of data protection for the enterprise.
Were looking for someone with:
- Associate's or bachelors degree with a preference in a computer science, technology, engineering, or math related field or equivalent work experience and 6+ years of IT related experience (such as hands-on troubleshooting, analysis, and technical expertise to resolve incidents and service requests)
- 4+ years of experience working in an Info Security related role
- Data Loss Prevention experience
- Experience with Cloud security technologies and techniques (AWS preferred)
- Experience leading and managing initiatives and system implementations
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting data from different sources, detailing the results and providing meaningful analysis reports and briefings
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Experience with data protection technologies and cloud tooling (DLP, Data Security, Encryption, CASB and CSPM solutions)
- Past experience in development and/or automation background (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience utilizing reporting tooling (PowerBI, etc.)
- Data leakage/content monitoring and filtering
- Insider Threat technologies (UBA)
- Data classification and privacy policies and regulations
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Ability to communicate/interact with various audiences, including senior leaders
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Ability to think strategically and work quickly
- Analytical skills and high attention to detail and accuracy
- Passion for continuous learning
Well consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, youll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why were an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers-principal.icims.com/jobs/29818/info-security-sr-engineer-%28data-loss-prevention-dlp%29/job?in_iframe=1