IT Support Technician IV
Sierra Nevada Corporation
This hands-on technical position will diagnose, resolve and respond to IT incidents and service requests, priorities, and goals in a demanding, fast-paced environment that can span from one to several offices / buildings. Technical responsibilities include (but not limited to) support and administration for AV technologies, computing hardware and systems, packaged software, peripheral equipment, proprietary software, and network connectivity to ensure the efficient and successful operations of IT automation in accordance with SNC corporate business, security, and IT standards, practices, policies, and procedures. The IT Support Technician IV will work closely with decision makers in other IT groups, business departments, and external entities, to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support effective technology solutions.
As SNC's corporate team, we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing, and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
- Responsible for executive level technical support
- Support IT Department operational and technical planning and operations while fostering innovation and planning projects
- Key technical contributor in the development, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade of IT systems, including AV, Meeting Services, PCs, operating systems, software, hardware and peripherals
- Work with stakeholders & IT management to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Maintain/Support/Deploy IT hardware and software for staff as needed -Support offsite events as needed
- Discover and conduct research on potential technology
- Maintain proficiencies with the latest technologies. Evaluate new technologies and the application within the SNC environment
- Act as a technical advisor in the development and implementation of IT support standards and procedures
- Participates in IT staffing including recruitment, interviews, development and evaluation
Other duties as assigned ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for incidents and requests
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction of support and service requests
- Provide high quality, service focused support, in person, by phone or email with both technical and non-technical clients
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and support of computer, AV, and any other IT related equipment
- Responsible for asset management of hardware and software equipment
- Responsible for creating and updating support services documentation including knowledge entries on desktop issues and application configurations as well as video teleconference (VTC) and media systems
- Provide mentorship and technical training sessions for standard applications, software and hardware
- Participate in on-call "after-hours" support rotation
- Executive support experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience (10+ years) in Computer science field.
- Information Technology certifications (Microsoft, A+, Help Desk Institute, Dell, etc.) a plus.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Required attributes for this position include a strong sense of customer/solution ownership, an overall drive for excellence, and a proven ability to manage multiple projects to successful completion
- Team focused with the capacity for knowledge sharing and team leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with end users and leadership
- Drive to maintain current knowledge of industry trends and potential impact on the support business
- Demonstrate a customer care philosophy that ensures a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to understand user and business needs and translate to technical solutions
- Ability to work with people in a team environment and deal effectively with user incidents
- In-depth knowledge of current IT technical standards as related to computers, printers, network technology, drivers, software troubleshooting, VPN technologies and RSA and Video Teleconference (VTC) and other related peripherals
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $32.25 - $44.35
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.
To apply, please visit: https://snc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SNC_External_Career_Site/job/Englewood-CO/IT-Support-Technician-IV_R0019805
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Owned by Chairwoman and President Eren Ozmen and CEO Fatih Ozmen, Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is a trusted leader in solving the world's toughest challenges through best-of-breed, open architecture engineering in Space Systems, Commercial Solutions, and National Security and Defense. For nearly 60 years, SNC has delivered state-of-the-art civil, military and commercial solutions to customers worldwide, including more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components. SNC has participated in more than 450 missions to space, including to Mars, and is recognized among The Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space. SNC is also a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force and is the only aerospace and defense firm selected as a 2020 US Best Managed Company.
From engineers and scientists to cybersecurity experts and software developers, SNC's workforce of nearly 5,000 dreams, innovates, inspires and empowers the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination.
Please visit www.sncorp.com to learn more about SNC, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, SNC Is required to comply with protocols. SNC aligns its COVID requirements, including mandatory vaccine requirements for employees, based on the status of applicable court orders and injunctions. SNC will take no action to implement the requirements in locations subject to a court order prohibiting the enforcement of Executive Order 14042 protocols. The status of these protocols are subject to change depending on the course of ongoing litigation, and candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID vaccination or have an approved exemption.