IT Manager, Marketing & Data SRE
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Technology Department has an opening for an IT Manager, Marketing & Data SRE. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The IT Manager role is responsible for building out and maintaining a reliable, resilient, and cost-effective application and infrastructure while ensuring we maintain the strict compliance and security standards. This involves instrumenting our applications to emit the right signal so that our monitors and alerts can help us fulfill our service level objectives. To continue on this path, your team will make iterative changes to maintain these objectives. You will encourage collaboration with other teams from early stages of development to ensure delivered products and features are production ready.
This leader should have an excellent engineering foundation and well-rounded in maintaining world class applications and services, with emphasis on stability, scalability, and availability. To be successful, you should possess the technical acumen and managerial experience to lead a group of high-potential reliability engineers.
This candidate should be able to grow their team and be ready to regularly take on new leadership duties. The candidate should have strong background of running operations, support, or DevOps teams with emphasis on Agile methodologies, CI, and automation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of Service Reliability Engineers
- Provide team members with an environment of coaching, mentoring, feedback, and staff development.
- Manage how your team addresses incidents and other operational work.
- React to and drive resolution of high severity incidents, improve the outage process.
- Recruit SREs and manage your team's growth.
- Advocate and prioritize platform automation, development code fixes, and other platform improvements.
- Understand your domain and work across product teams to ensure high availability, scalability, fault tolerance, etc.
- Keep your platform healthy and within SLO (service level objectives)
- Drive SRE practices across the Digital, Data, and Merchandising teams
- Reduce toil for support and SRE in any way you can.
- Manage your team's metrics, report on your team and platform health regularly to leadership.
- Effectively collaborate with DevOps, architecture, development, and other teams
- Are comfortable presenting outages and fix opportunities to an executive audience
- Have experience managing vendors, both in the context of outages and integrations.
- 5 years of experience in software engineering, engineering management, and delivering large-scale enterprise services required.
- 1 year of experience leading & managing engineering teams.
- Experience running a SRE or support team for a modern eCommerce platform leveraging microservices and cloud native technologies.
- Ruthless focus on improving systems availability, performance, and resiliency.
- Experience building SRE operations and monitoring toolset.
- Working knowledge of applications in private & public cloud (GCP, Azure) required
- Understanding of marketing and data technology space: Big Data, AI, ML, AdTech, and MarTech
- Ability to build team and maintain positive working relationships of the team across the company.
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action.
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers.
- Grocery domain knowledge a plus
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000730113806&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???