This ad is expired.
Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B and hepatitis D viruses, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our mission. We are committed to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion,and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results. We are proud to have been ranked the fastest-growing company in North America on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™.
Vir is looking for an IT Infrastructure Architect to manage and expand the capabilities of our network infrastructure, servers, storage, cloud and related systems. Reporting to the Sr Manager, IT Operations, you will be in a technical, individual contributor role, focusing on the implementation, maintenance, and auditing of our IT infrastructure. You will ensure Vir's global team has a secure environment to do their work, no matter where they are working. Your background includes the design and engineering of Cloud architectures, networks, servers and SAS systems. You have excellent vendor management skills, including leading Managed Service Providers (MSPs), and a service-oriented approach to IT operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Manage network and components including switches, APs, routers, firewalls, VPN, and WAN; VMware infrastructure and virtual servers; and on-site storage and backup systems.
- Manage and enhance our cloud capability by creating and implementing cloud application patterns
- Develop and implement ways to move applications and workloads to the cloud
- Work with business owners to understand solution requirements and identify architectural patterns
- Develop cloud automation strategies for managing and scaling containers, hosts, cloud services and applications
- Help other development and engineering teams resolve application to platform integration issues for Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) services
- Research and propose solutions for AWS data transformation, data connections, operational frameworks, and application integration
- Work with lead architects and engineers to create architectural templates and build/operational documents
- Work with engineering teams to develop service catalogs
- Collaborate with cloud engineers in integration of on-premise and cloud-based systems.
- Create documentation for IT infrastructure architecture and systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in designing, configuring, and supporting core IT infrastructure and AWS services.
- Programming skills with experience in API development using Python and PowerShell
- Expertise with modern cloud application architecture
- Experience managing microservices like Function as a Service, Containers, and managed databases in AWS
- Experience with data analysis, data visualization, and event-driven architecture
- Experience setting up load balancers, cloud networks, and virtual servers
- Experience administering Cisco & Meraki switches, Meraki WAPs, Windows AD DNS, VMware virtualization, EMC storage, backup/recovery, data replication & monitoring.
- Work with other engineering resources including Managed Service Providers
- Knowledge of GxP, quality systems, regulatory standards requirements for the biopharma industry and SOX compliance requirements
- Relevant certifications include: AWS, DevOps, Azure, MCSE.
To apply please visit: https://grnh.se/758bb2b15us
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.