Head of Security Engineering, Architecture and Delivery
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Technology and Engineering's information Security Department has an opening for a Head of Security Engineering, Architecture and Delivery. This position is a Senior Director level.
As a senior leader in the Information Security organization, you are passionate about people, process, and technology. You see security as an enabler and differentiator to enable the business through innovation, not a step in the compliance process. You work with the business and technology partners to achieve goals and objectives in a secure manner with a heavy forward lean on modern data and technology architectures through a risk informed delivery approach.
You will have responsibility for the delivery of key security programs and will advise on strategic initiatives, programs, and projects to create business value in a risk-based and agile manner. You are pragmatic and practical in your understanding of security and associated risks, but partner well with other leaders to enable the Enterprise. You will lead a team of dynamic and talented Information Security professionals who want to learn from your experience and skills. You are an advocate in the value of risk-based decisions and comfortable with cloud-based technologies and tools. You will lead the delivery of technologies to secure the Enterprise to include end point, security testing, CASB, vulnerability management, DLP, and more.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and delivery on strategies to advance the Information Security program
- Develop security architectures and patterns which help secure Albertsons on our cloud migration journey
- Lead a team of Information Security professionals to chart roadmaps and implement tooling to secure the Albertsons Enterprise to include EDR, CASB, and DLP
- Educate and influence executive leadership and associates to effectively leverage security capabilities and solutions to mitigate risks and emerging threats
- Escalate and manage cyber security risk as a senior leader on the Information Security team
- Serve as an expert and thought leader in our Information Security capabilities, solutions, policies, procedures and standards
- Lean in as a change agent to shift security risk identification and solutions left in enterprise processes
- Drive innovation activity as an outcome; partner extensively across the InfoSec organization to understand requirements and deliver solutions which improve effectiveness of the security program
- Provide regular updates to executive leadership on the status of key Information Security programs with respect to technical intent and budget
- In addition to the qualifications listed, ideal candidate should also have: Experience with data protection techniques and tools such as encryption, tokenization, cloud access security brokers; Experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure; Experience in Offensive and or Defensive Security techniques; Experience in the retail industry and knowledge of PCI standards is a plus.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related experience
- 15+ years leading effective development teams that are both technical and functional.
- Proven ability to deliver against project schedules ensuring timelines with quality work.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage to key objectives.
- Keen understanding of security technology space including cloud, IAM, IR, operations, and risk.
- Ability to build team and maintain positive working relationships of the team across the company.
- Comfortable at communicating at both a technical and executive level.
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to lead and influence Technology and Engineering professionals across the enterprise.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers, are all essential in this role.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously.
- Experience in developing enterprise roadmaps and investment plans for technology that align to the business priorities.
- Strong organizational skills ability to keep multiple streams of work moving across people and departments.
- Seasoned security professional with experience in security architecture, security testing, and risk management
- Ability to develop and deliver executive level presentations on, long-term strategy, roadmaps, and current state operations.
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000705937406&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???