Facilities Electrical Technician
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, its parent company, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd has invested approximately $17 billion in Samsung Austin Semiconductor's Austin, Texas campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a premier employer who provides a great place to work, as well as advanced and upskilled training to thriving employees. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor strives to be the World's Best Foundry.
The Electrical Maintenance Technician is responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance on all electrical motors of various sizes and horsepower. This will also include installation, wiring, and testing of new motors. The use of lifts, chain hoists, and A frames will be necessary to uninstall and reinstall some motors. You will be responsible for tracking repairs required, parts used, and labor time needed in work orders managed by a global equipment management system. The ideal candidate should be a competent individual with a passion for learning, have an analytical mindset for effective troubleshooting, and find ways to improve the reliability of systems that use motors.
Role and Responsibilities
- Verify and adjust motor alignments using gauges and laser alignment tools.
- Reassemble repaired electric motors to specified requirements and ratings, using hand tools and motor analyzer test equipment.
- Diagnose problems, using vibration analyzer, electrical motor analyzers, and digital multimeters and other testing devices.
- Replace motor bearings using bearing pullers, heaters, hand and power tools.
- Experience using a megohmmeter to check motors and motor cable insulation resistance for failures.
- Troubleshooting experience with motor controls like VFD's, combination starters, relays, and MCC's.
Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED is required; a certificate from a technical school or utility training program a plus.
- Prefer an Associates' degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in electrical power, or similar training from the U.S. military. A combination of equivalent education and experience may be substituted.
- Proven experience as a motor or generator technician, millwright, or relevant position.
- Install, commission, and maintain variable frequency drives (VFDs); to include programming, setup, and troubleshooting. Use of mulitimeters, oscilloscopes, and process meters will be needed to troubleshoot some VFD issues.
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Forklift and or Skytrak trained or certified.
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969, Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the worlds leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at (https://news.samsung.com/global/).