Experienced Software Engineer - Java - Remote Available
Job ID: 2021-30938
Category: Engineering & Technology
Experienced Software Engineer (Java)
Our Retirement & Income Solutions area is looking for a Software Engineer to be part of our agile scrum team to work on Java development and integrations focusing on web applications supporting financial services. In this position, you'll collaborate and find innovative technical solutions to improve and support our systems. This includes strategizing and working with current and future state technical roadmap!
As a Software Engineer, you'll be performing many functions including, but not limited to eliciting requirements, developing and integrating software for in house and third party applications, ensuring quality through developing automated testing scripts, and providing your expertise to modernize processes and technologies.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Consult with business partners on future technical trends/directions to meet business strategy initiatives.
- Perform external research, design Proof of Concepts and Understand and make well-reasoned design decisions and trade-offs.
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Drive team collaboration to contribute to features for a timely and successful completion.
- Lead the team in proactively establishing controls and ensuring system is secure and meets policy and regulatory requirements during development. Includes leading the team in risk remediation as a result of risk assessments.
- Provide mentoring via pairing, design and code review.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree (preference in a computer science, technology, engineering or math-related field or equivalent experience) and 3+ years work experience or equivalent experience
- Proven experience as an IT professional working with the following technologies: Java, Spring MVC, REST Services, Automation Testing, GIT, Relational Databses
- Ability to obtain certification(s) in an IT related field is a plus
- Basic knowledge of insurance and financial services products preferred
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and communication skills required
- Proficiency with database applications, knowledge of mainframe, distributed and/or web programming language
- Basic leadership and presentation skills required
- Excellent time management skills preferred
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Must have the desire to learn new technology and continuously grow
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and collaborate with both It and non-IT partners
- Some travel may be required, including overnight stays
- May be required to provide on-call support
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, youll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why were an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers-principal.icims.com/jobs/30938/experienced-software-engineer---java---remote-available/job?in_iframe=1