Engineering Manager, Digital Web Customer Experience (CX)
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, Pleasanton, California 94588
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Technology Department's Shopper Experience group, has an opening for an Engineering Manager, Digital Web Customer Experience (CX). This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Digital Engineering Manager is responsible for leading an innovative group of software engineers in designing and building the next generation ecommerce search engine, fueling the grocery shopping & delivery web & mobile user interfaces, at scale for the Albertsons brands Digital eCommerce platform, as part of the Digital Shopper Experience group.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage teams of software development engineers using Agile Scrum practices
- Mentor software engineers through their career growth
- Work with the recruiting team to attract and retain high quality and diverse talent
- Engage and drive technical architecture and design discussions
- Drive the technical roadmap and work closely with Product teams on product roadmap
- Build an open, positive and energized Agile culture, leading and inspiring team to do the right things
- Foster a culture of continuous learning, innovation and improvement with a focus on delivering business value
- Collaborate with Cross functional teams, Product, UX, Operations and Technical Support teams to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency and collaboration
- Collaborate with the other managers to ensure we are building products that provide a consistent and powerful experience across web, mobile and supporting services.
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field)
- 10+ years prior hands-on technical experience
- 3+ years of technical management or leadership experience, in a highly complex and large-scale enterprise, preferably in ecommerce technology product development environment
- Highly technical, hands-on and effective people leader and technology evangelist
- Strong experience contributing to and leading Agile teams and helping to improve related process & methodologies
- Strong experience in web technologies, microservices, CI/CD and technical acumen of broad range of technologies like CMS, Java and spring, test automation using selenium, Jmeter, Sonar, etc
- Strong experience in development practices like TDD, BDD
- Strong knowledge of data infrastructure technologies, cloud-based technologies and scaling web platforms
- Strong oral and written communication and leadership skills, able to present ideas and influence IT and business teams across the company
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis and adopt to a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Strong background and working knowledge of all phases of systems analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000782657706&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???