Engineering Manager -- Customer Service
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, Pleasanton, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The IT Digital Customer Service technology organization has an opening for a Technology Lead -- Omni Channel and this position is posted for Pleasanton CA, Dallas TX or Phoenix, AZ.
Are you passionate about building digital solutions to solve customer issues? Does the opportunity to leverage cutting edge AI/ML technologies to deliver industry leading capabilities excite you? Be part of the exciting customer care transformation at Albertsons -- create the best-in-class service experience and delivering a host of new digital solutions to create an immersive experience for our customers.
We are building a completely new digital product suite, including chatbots and digital assistants, using AI/ML to improve self service for our customers. You will be responsible for defining the technology strategy & roadmap, defining technology features and leading delivery of the target state solution. You will have the opportunity to grow and expand in this role driving our vision to success.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the target state Omni channel solution - design, development & delivery for Albertsons customer service chat, chatbots & digital assistants
- Serve as the technology owner: drive the strategy & roadmap for the target state customer service platforms, project planning, resource planning and assessment
- Deliver overall solution, project sizing and oversight for technical execution.
- Partner with peer tech and ops team to manage and ensure portfolio of applications are enhanced, maintained to meet compliance standards and business functional needs
- Understand business domain and product vision; partner with other team members (Scrum Master, Architect, Solutions Engineer, Product Owner) to align teamwork's toward the shared goals of the product.
- Create a strong work environment that rewards individual and team efforts; encourage creativity while maintaining high caliber productivity and quality.
- Lead the technology team providing expert guidance, manage development & meet delivery mandates
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- 8+ years of solution design and full stack development experience for Web/Mobile/bot applications using different technology frameworks - Node.js/React.js/Angular.js etc. with 3-5 years' experience designing, implementing, and deploying Chat & Chatbot platforms.
- Hands-on programming and integration experience (Java, J2EE/Spring, SOAP, REST APIs)
- Experience in designing and building AI powered chatbot applications using the likes of Google DialogFlow, Microsoft LUIS, IBM Watson, Amazon Lex cognitive services or NLP technologies
- Experience delivering text interaction platforms for SMS, Live Chat and other social media platforms.
- Experience on Machine learning, NodeJS, MySQL, NoSQL & graph Database
- Experience on Python, ML, NLP & AI welcome, Dialogflow is must
- Depth understanding and experience of Data science and Machine Learning based platforms using Python, R etc.
- Should have strong knowledge on any of the cloud solutions such as Azure or AWS
- Experience leading teams in an Agile based development environment is a must
- Experience implementing cloud-based contact center applications preferred
- Experience on working on large scale Digital Transformation initiatives
- Well-organized, detail oriented, great communication skills and the energy to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively within a matrix, 'virtual' environment.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000781633206&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???