ERP System Analyst
Blackhawk Technical College
The ERP Systems Analyst provides technical support for BTC's integrated administrative management information system (Banner) and companion products such as other campus software and web applications that interact with the ERP system (e.g., document imaging, portals, payment gateways). Through continuous communication with all levels of the organization, the ERP Systems Analyst matches business requirements to ERP system functionality, addressing gaps through process and/or software changes. The ERP Systems Analyst documents and analyzes processes by working with departments to identify required business process changes and to devise technical solutions that support their needs. The ERP Systems Analyst understands business processes and leverages technology to optimize them.
This is a hybrid position and will require 50% of work time within the office setting.
This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of August 28, 2023, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Operate in a team environment to support information technology solutions that improve business efficiency and productivity for the College. Work closely with departmental staff to examine existing business models and flows of data, discuss findings, and design an appropriate, improved IT solution.
Major areas of responsibility include:
1. Develop an understanding of the business processes and how the ERP system can enable those processes.
2. Act as a champion in identifying, developing and implementing best practices across multiple channels within the organization.
3. Assess business capability gaps, identify scope, and elicit business requirements to define a capability to the process or a system to be built that satisfies the needs of cross-functional users/stakeholders.
4. Document new functional requirements and continuous improvements to existing processes, leveraging native business system functionality as much as possible.
5. Interface with both the business area and the appropriate reporting and analytics group, including IT, business intelligence and website teams to identify requirements for reporting and analytics associated with College systems software.
6. Review system updates and guide the business area in the creation of a test plan for new development. Perform validation tests of desired functionality and provide testing support for all business system software to include testing specific customizations, testing of new software releases, and general testing.
7. Support the day-to-day activities of the business area by troubleshooting business system issues that are escalated beyond the departmental subject matter experts.
8. Create or assist with writing process documentation and standard work documents. Update standard work documents to reflect new and improved processes implemented in large scale deployments.
9. Work with business and technical areas to set, change and communicate priorities amongst competing constituents, projects, and resources.
10. Provide back-up to the ERP Systems Manager for ERP software and system issues requiring "on-call" support, and emergency response issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Strong working knowledge of SQL; working knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to analyze business processes and develop best practices and workflow specifications.
3. Ability to work independently and efficiently with a high degree of accuracy, establishing priorities, multi-tasking, and setting/meeting assignments and priorities.
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to identify business needs and translate them to IT-related solutions.
5. Ability to coordinate with Banner Ellucian consultants and BTC stakeholders for all technology upgrades and patches.
6. Knowledge of ETL and Reporting tools such as Cognos or Blackboard Analytics, or related systems.
7. Ability to automate the Business solutions using Automic.
8. Knowledge of and experience with project methodologies such as Agile project management.
10. Working knowledge of IBM Cognos preferred.
Education & Experience:
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field. Candidates with an Associate Degree plus extensive additional related specialized training and occupational experience will be considered.
2. Four (4) years of experience facilitating business process improvement and implementing software packages, or management information systems implementation or a combination of the two. Experience should include working with and implementing administrative software, including integration with independent applications, and working with teams on implementation and technology projects.
3. Demonstrated high level of proficiency with MS Office Suite.
4. Demonstrated ability to develop queries and reports, export and import files, and use sorting, pivot tables and subtotaling functions.
5. ERP/data warehouse experience preferred.
Blackhawk Technical College does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Blackhawk Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, or age in employment, admissions or its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to manage inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator/Equal Opportunity Officer, 6004 S County Road G, P.O. Box 5009, Janesville, WI 53547-5009, (608) 757-7796 or (608) 757-7773, WI Relay: 711.
To apply, visit https://careers-blackhawk.icims.com/jobs/1897/erp-system-analyst/job.