This ad is expired.
Director of EDM Data Management
Location: 20227 N 27TH AVE, PHOENIX, Arizona 85027
About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw's and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
At Albertsons, we value our data as an asset. This role is one of the key enablers for unlocking the value of our data! This critical role will work closely with business stakeholders, data consumers, data producers, and data engineering to ensure that our data platform of the future, EDM, delivers significant business value and success across the enterprise.
Reporting into the Vice President of Data Governance & Data Management, this position will be responsible for leading a team of data management professionals to instill modern data management practices to deliver high quality data at scale.
This position will partner with business and technical subject matter experts to ensure standardization of information through the implementation of practices that meet enterprise-wide data governance policies for each data subject area. We have an open position for an Incident Manager role, and this can be based in Pleasanton, Arizona, Boise or closer to other Albertsons office locations with a marginal preference for the west coast hours.
- Ensure that the overall data and roadmap for Albertsons' enterprise data warehouse is aligned to business goals and is managed well according to modern data management practices
- Provide exceptional leadership to a team of data stewards, data quality managers, and incident managers who are all contributing to the high expectations you set
- Instill a Product Management mindset within the data stewards so that they manage the data in the enterprise data warehouse as valuable firm assets
- Work with Data Engineering partners to ensure that delivery is transparent, meets expectations, and is aligned to business goals
- Ensure good communication is occurring with data consumers of the enterprise data warehouse, that their priorities are heard, and that their satisfaction is being measured
- Act as an arbiter between business groups to assist in setting a global prioritization for work being done in the enterprise data warehouse
- Ensure that metrics that describe the operational well-being, state, and risks of the enterprise data warehouse are being captured and reported to Data Governance and all appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure that data related incidents and problems are being handled well and have good follow-through
- Ensure that an appropriate level of data quality is being measured, actioned, and reported
- Ensure that best practices are being obtained across all of the capabilities for which this role is responsible
- Be fully accountable for the processes and enablers/toolets that are being used by the team as a way to ensure the highest return on investment.
What we are searching for
- Bachelor's degree in related field is required
- Eight (8)+ years in a leadership role in Data Management
- Experience in implementing and executing modern data management practices, including leveraging ML-assisted tooling to achieve higher quality and scale
- Product management mindset
- Passion for creating business value with data
- Retail / grocery background beneficial
- Experience with an enterprise data catalog is required
- Experience in metadata management highly beneficial
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to routinely interact with multiple levels of the organization including executive level members of the organization
- Ability to work with the data warehouse users, IT Business Analysts and all levels of the organization including senior leadership
What it is like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000796442106&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???