Director of Digital Experience Architecture
Job ID: 2021-29934
Category: Engineering & Technology
What you'll do:
It is an exciting time to be an employee at Principal! We have been accelerating our investments in digital business strategies. We are investing in customer experience which allows our IT teams to partner closely with marketing throughout the company to create best-in-class digital experience platform.
We have a great opportunity for an Enterprise Digital Experience Architect (Director of Digital Experience Architecture) to join our enterprise architecture team and help us develop technology strategy and roadmap for delivering unified customer experience that align with Principal's customer centricity strategy to engage our customers on their terms - when, where, and how they prefer. The individual in this role will apply industry and business perspectives while closely partnering with Principal's customer-facing marketing, business units, and product owners. The Enterprise Architect for Customer Experience will promote Principal's culture and process that support collaborative and co-creation of end-to-end solutions.
The Enterprise Architect will apply the art-of-the-possible concepts to digitally transforming customer experiences and keep technology investments aligned with Principal's business values for emerging capabilities with rapid validations by performing proof-of-concepts against business use cases. These capabilities will extend our customer's experience and incorporate personalized digital marketing brand based on intelligent predictive insights. The digital customer experience platform will incorporate cloud computing, machine learning, and enable intelligent process automation.
- Individuals in this role are creative, able to think outside of the box, problem solvers, and demonstrate thought leadership
- Perform and support digital transformational objectives across IT and business organizations
- Lead emerging technology evaluation and conduct R&D activities utilizing open source and partnering with Principal's strategic customer experience technology platform engineering team
- Solid grasp of how business objectives, drivers, and architecture principles relate to and influence IT strategies and roadmap
- Develop technology capabilities in alignment with enterprise customer centricity objectives, business goals, values, and vision in the delivery of IT services across the enterprise
- Craft visual architecture roadmaps and models that support decision making and communicate enterprise architectural vision, mission, and priorities
- Work with business and IT leaders, help formulate enterprise architecture strategies in alignment with company's business strategies and priorities
- Support the Principal Enterprise Architecture organization's global IT architecture management and shared services delivery function
- Work in a sophisticated global environment where there are extensive amounts of data, distributed systems, and heterogeneous platforms
Were looking for someone with:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- 5+ years in User Experience architecture development
- 10+ years of experience in technology enterprise architecture
- 10+ years of experience with large enterprise deployments (10,000+ users)
- 10+ years of hands on implementation, delivery, and training of information technology projects to all levels of management
- Background with enterprise architecture and collaborating with business unit product owners to architect enterprise technology platform converging companys product offering
- Demonstrated experience working with, and presenting to, executive management
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of constituencies
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Masters Degree preferred
- Prior experience in team lead or management
- Understands Six Sigma and/or Lean principles (value stream mapping)
- Basic knowledge of insurance and financial services products preferred
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, youll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why were an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers-principal.icims.com/jobs/29934/director-of-digital-experience-architecture/job?in_iframe=1